UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (61) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60439  
Subject: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 5:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 65
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/us/politics/29vote.html?_r...

Republican Legislators Push to Tighten Voting Rules

Less than 18 months before the next presidential election, Republican-controlled statehouses around the country are rewriting voting laws to require photo identification at the polls, reduce the number of days of early voting or tighten registration rules. . .

There is no indication that there is any significant voter fraud in America and these new re-writes of voting laws will do absolutely nothing to reduce any kind of fraud. This is Republicans at their most reprehensible - in an attack on Democracy. These lying hypocritical pigs know that if they can make voting more difficult, provide a few more hurdles, then only the old retired voters will find the time and energy to overcome those hurdles and vote. They want the old pharts that can be frightened by their FuxNews and right wing echo chamber lies to determine the outcome. They are working against the very concept of majority rules.

The Republican Party today is pathetic. They must be crushed - totally and completely - before they sell US citizens out and give America over completely to their elitist corporate masters.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34105 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 5:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I agree with you completely. I hope these tactics get turned around on them and bite them where it hurts--with the voting public. What the repubs have been doing all over the country is going to bring them down next year. People thought they voted for them to work on jobs and the economy (and in some cases to reduce gov't--but then they don't want what they get from the gov't reduced); all they have done is take away union and voting rights, even more emphatically attacked a woman's right to choose -- or even for some women to have critical health care met. I cannot believe the average American will be happy with shutting down health care services at planned parenthood which only performs about 3% abortions.

Oh, and they voted for them because they scared them into thinking the dems were reducing their medicare benefits--I guess those voters see now who is going to reduce the medicare benefits.

Author: ravvt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34106 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 5:47 PM
Recommendations: 0
They must be crushed - totally and completely ... obergruppenführer sg

... sieg heil

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34107 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 6:02 PM
Recommendations: 38

... sieg heil

For a Democratically representative government to work, the voting population must be informed and able to reason. There is no possible useful function for lying, hypocritical pigs in a Democracy.

The Republican Party today has abandoned even the pretense of honesty. They have embraced the wealthy elite and abandoned the American working class. Only misinformed fools and billionaires could support them at this point.

We know which group you represent.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34108 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 6:25 PM
Recommendations: 8
Plan to have your driver's license or other suitable identification when you apply for a job, too.

Rather high rates of people don't vote in their correct precinct or state, neglecting to update registration records when moving. This is the 21st century ----get used to the idea of having the documents you need to properly identify yourself.

We all know that Democrats favor lax voter registration, making it possible for illegal aliens to live and work in the United States and obtain driver's licenses if you were an illegal alien.

If the Democrats want to make these election issues, help yourself. Or rather, help Republicans by doing so.

Sorry if the Democratic Fraudsters and Cheaters feel their ox is being gored. Tough.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: IBPore Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34109 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 6:29 PM
Recommendations: 3
The Republican Party today has abandoned even the pretense of honesty. They have embraced the wealthy elite and abandoned the American working class. Only misinformed fools and billionaires could support them at this point.

I see the trolls didn't take the long weekend off.

IB Pore

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34110 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 6:36 PM
<<The Republican Party today has abandoned even the pretense of honesty. They have embraced the wealthy elite and abandoned the American working class.>>

Shucks, liberals and environmentalists have been waging war on thwe working class for decades now, driving a large part of the upper part of the working class and lower part of the middle class into the Republican Party.

There's scarcely a blue collar job Democrats wouldn't be happy to sacrifice for a Spotted Owl or a chance to cut energy consumption ( except for TRAVEL about the world in jet aircraft).

Seattle Pioneer

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34111 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 6:41 PM
Recommendations: 10
to ravvt-- someone uses crush and you immediately connect to Hitler--typical.
repubs are trying to crush dems -- literally obliterate -- with their laws
they even use the word crush and they relish the day dems do not exist
This year in politics is just crazy; I hope I am around when they write the history books. Future generations will find it just as hard to believe as WWII.

http://prospect.org/cs/articles?article=crushing_the_democra...
Crushing the Democrats' Base
Republicans aren't just attacking Democrats' policies -- they're attacking the fundamentals of what it means to be a Democrat.
Put simply, Republicans are conducting a radical attack on the Democratic Party, aimed at the roots of Democratic power and sustenance. The battle is occurring in Washington and around the country, and even if the right doesn't succeed completely, the fight will almost certainly leave Democrats weakened and defensive.

Look at the targets conservatives have taken aim at in the last couple of years: access to the ballot box, unions, organizations representing the poor, organizations protecting reproductive rights, and more. The assault is not just on ideas or policies (though there's plenty of that, too) but on the institutions that undergird the Democratic Party and the progressive movement.

Conservatives have also gone on the offensive against Planned Parenthood as part of a larger war on reproductive rights that has seen some absolutely horrifying initiatives. A state representative in Georgia introduced a bill making women who have miscarriages prove to the state that they didn't induce them or be charged with a felony; bills were introduced in South Dakota and Nebraska that would make it "justifiable homicide" to kill abortion providers in some circumstances (South Dakota's has been withdrawn, but something tells me it will be back). National Republicans are doing their part by trying to take away the substantial federal funding Planned Parenthood receives to support women's health initiatives (abortion is actually a tiny portion of what the organization does).
----------------------
Crushing Democrats By Busting Unions
in Citizens United,conservatives,GOP,John Kasich,silencing dissent,Supreme Court,tea parties

There's a battle going on inside Ohio. The crux of the dispute is over the same union-busting proposals being fought over in Wisconsin under the leadership of Neo-Confederacy Governor-General, Scott Walker.
http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/blog_mass_destruction/2011/02/21...
--------------------
Conservative Republicans Crush Democrats--Pick up 22 Seats in the Texas House
http://visiontoamerica.org/v2a/articles/conservative-republi...
--------
http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-republicans-...
CHART OF THE DAY: Here's Why Hyper Republicans Are Going To Crush The Democrats This Year
------
http://www.seeingtheforest.com/archives/2005/10/
PoliPundit likes the nomination because it will cause a Constitutional crisis:
This is such sweet music:
Republicans said that any attempt to deny Alito a yes-or-no vote would return the Senate to the brink of a showdown that was avoided last spring only when seven lawmakers from each party brokered a compromise. This time, they said they would crush Democratic opposition.
You hear that, Barbara Boxer? CRUSH!
General: “Conan, what is best in life?”
Conan: “To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women!”
They enjoy being nasty. They want a fight.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34112 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 6:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
<<The presidential race of three years ago was the first in many years in which Democrats showed themselves superior at all the disciplines that make up modern campaigning, from fundraising to messaging.
>>

Yes, I think Democrats deserve great credit in running a highly effective campaign in 2008 and giving we Republicans a sound thrashing.

<<Put simply, Republicans are conducting a radical attack on the Democratic Party, aimed at the roots of Democratic power and sustenance. The battle is occurring in Washington and around the country, and even if the right doesn't succeed completely, the fight will almost certainly leave Democrats weakened and defensive.>>

Poor babies! Imagine Republicans picking on Democrats and their favored interest groups! Can you imagine!

Democrats have been picking on Republicans and Republican interest groups since FDR ran his "Malefactors of great wealth" campaign.

Rewarding your friends and punishing your enemies is one of the main privileges of political power. Democrats do it, and so do Republicans.

Your whining is pathetic.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: temsike Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34113 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 7:07 PM
The Republican Party today is pathetic. They must be crushed - totally and completely - before they sell US citizens out and give America over completely to their elitist corporate masters.

I agree. Crush them. Totally and completely.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34114 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 7:14 PM

... sieg heil

Only three posts to Goodwin's Rule. That's pretty good.

Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34116 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 8:58 PM
Recommendations: 4
I have no doubt that the motiviation behind these laws is a desire to suppress certain votes. I did a quick Google and found this story about the Supremes' decision in an Indiana case a few years ago. It's interesting to note that the opinion was written by, arguably, the most liberal Justice at the time.

Justice John Paul Stevens, who announced the judgment of the court and wrote an opinion in which Chief John G. Roberts Jr. and Anthony M. Kennedy joined, alluded to — and brushed aside — complaints that the law benefits Republicans and works against Democrats, whose ranks are more likely to include poor people or those in minority groups.

The justifications for the law “should not be disregarded simply because partisan interests may have provided one motivation for the votes of individual legislators,” Justice Stevens wrote.

Justice Stevens and the two court members who joined him found that the Democrats and civil rights groups who attacked the law, seeking a declaration that it was unconstitutional on its face, had failed to meet the heavy burden required for such a “facial challenge” to prevail.

Perhaps, they suggested, the outcome could be different in another voter-rights case, one in which a plaintiff could show that his or her rights had been violated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/29/washington/28cnd-scotus.ht...

A couple of things come to mind. First, Justice Stevens was old enough to have experienced the blatant voting fraud that was commonplace at one time. My Republican father told many stories of the Democratic fraud in Kansas City, MO during the Pendergast era, matched by the Republican fraud across the street in Kansas City, KS. My mother lived on the MO side in 1936, and when she went to vote in her first presidential election she was told that she had already voted. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that she was dating my father, who drove around in a car festooned with Landon signs.

The other thing that will be fascinating to watch is to see where and how much the Republicans try to overreach. At what point will the courts say that the cost of securing the necessary ID, ostensibly justified as a "user fee" in these tight budget times, has become an unconsitutional poll tax?

There are always collateral victims when the politicians start trying to manipulate the voting rolls, but over time these things sort themselves out.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34117 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 9:08 PM
You can't rent a motel room with a DL.

You can't cash a check without a drivers license.

You can't even drive to the polls without a drivers license.

In Texas, in most places, you can't vote unless you show a voter registration card or your DRIVERS LICENSE with your address on it.....and then SIGN the registration book each time with your signature.

Our local registrar also deletes 'dead people' from the voting rolls by reading the obituaries.

I'm not sure why libs are foaming at the mouth over this. Other than to wish that illegals get to vote for some reason.

YOu can't even cash those welfare checks without picture ID.

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34118 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 9:16 PM
"The other thing that will be fascinating to watch is to see where and how much the Republicans try to overreach. At what point will the courts say that the cost of securing the necessary ID, ostensibly justified as a "user fee" in these tight budget times, has become an unconsitutional poll tax?"

Most states provide a 'free' state ID card when requested.

In TX, it looks like a driver's license but is just for ID. No driving privileges.

I'd bet most other states probably have a similar set up.

t.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34120 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 9:41 PM
<<You can't rent a motel room with a DL.

You can't even drive to the polls without a drivers license.>>

Heh, heh! You mean LEGALLY!

Our Democrat friends are glad to have people rent without proof of residency, get jobs with fraudulent documents and drive to the polls without a license, go to a state college when they are illegal aliens and so on. Why should we doubt they would be glad to have people vote who aren't entitled, at least if they think they'll get the vote?

It only a matter of time before some Acorn derivative begins a mass registration of those not entitled to register and vote. Shucks, I imagine they'd be glad to have "citizens of the world" who are visiting the United States register and vote by absentee ballot.

Wouldn't it be "discrimination" to prevent that?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: MBAFelix Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34121 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 11:30 PM
There is no indication that there is any significant voter fraud in America and these new re-writes of voting laws will do absolutely nothing to reduce any kind of fraud. This is Republicans at their most reprehensible - in an attack on Democracy.

Nonetheless it'd be very easy to design a voting system that reduced fraud to even more negligible levels and still make voting really easy. The only reason it isn't done is that nobody sincerely wants to do it.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34122 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/29/2011 11:57 PM
Recommendations: 6
At what point will the courts say that the cost of securing the necessary ID, ostensibly justified as a "user fee" in these tight budget times, has become an unconsitutional poll tax?

USSC decisions aside, according to all studies and investigations there is no significant voter fraud. So while the court ruled on the narrow issue of whether lousy voting laws are constitutional, that says nothing about whether they are good for Democracy in America.

But imagine for a minute that there actually was some fraud, and we needed to stop it. First we have to understand how the fraud happens, then we have to make laws to stop it.

I have worked the polls as a Marshal and as an Inspector for years. I know the laws and procedures. Nothing I am seeing in these laws does anything to address fraud. Do wingnuts really believe that hordes of illegal voters are showing up at the polls, providing the names and addresses that are actually listed on the registered voter rolls, and voting ballots in their place? Really? Think about that. First, the illegal voter would have to know who was registered, where they lived and be certain that they weren't going to vote themselves. Then, they would have to know of enough individuals in such a situation that they could impact the outcome of an election. The requirement for a photo ID to vote is not going to stop any fraud. Similarly, how is shortening the early voter period going to stop fraud? Both of these moves will do nothing to stop fraud, but they will reduce voter turnout.

Yeah, Republicans. Thwart Democracy. Rape the Working Class. Serve the Elite. Good job.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34125 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 12:40 AM
You can't even drive to the polls without a drivers license.

LOL--your blinders are showing! Nobody can walk, bike, ride public transit or get a lift to the polls in your gasoline-powered world?

I didn't have a drivers license till I was 26, and I voted in every election since I became eligible. It takes determination and a certain amount of organization to vote, though, and creating obstacles will defeat the less determined, those who have trouble getting their act together or have inflexible jobs, or who've been intimidated by those who claim an individual's vote doesn't matter.

You can't rent a motel room with a DL.

I stayed in a hotel a few nights with my parents during my childhood (we seldom went more than 50 miles from home) and even fewer nights with my first husband (we camped or stayed with relatives--that's what people with little money do). They had the DLs, not me. My first MIL never had a DL in her life. And I know she voted--and stayed in motels, too.

Can't remember cashing a check anywhere except my own bank, which didn't require further ID than my check with my name printed on it (mostly I just made withdrawals, didn't cash checks much). I have no memory of needing a DL before I became a driver. The urban poor/working poor often don't have DLs. I worked several jobs before ever having a DL, and I don;t remember showing it when starting work anywhere (maybe I've forgotten?). The only time I worked at a really large, faceless bureaucracy was before I had a DL, and obviously they employed me, so...?

Since moving to SC, I always bring my voter registration when I go to vote, though I can't recall having to show it (I think I have to now, though). I don't remember ever having a voter registration card before (or maybe I was simply too disorganized to keep tabs on it when I was working and raising kids?).

I'm not sure why libs are foaming at the mouth over this. Other than to wish that illegals get to vote for some reason.

I certainly do not want illegals to vote! But I do want the citizen poor and college students to vote without having obstacles in their path.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34128 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 4:09 AM
<<I have worked the polls as a Marshal and as an Inspector for years. I know the laws and procedures. Nothing I am seeing in these laws does anything to address fraud. Do wingnuts really believe that hordes of illegal voters are showing up at the polls, providing the names and addresses that are actually listed on the registered voter rolls, and voting ballots in their place? Really? Think about that. First, the illegal voter would have to know who was registered, where they lived and be certain that they weren't going to vote themselves.>>

In Washington State, registering to vote requires no identification. With motor voter registration someone makes certain claims ostensibly under oath, but that's a pretty frail reed of protection against fraud.

Fraud ---- I believe we have millions of people living lives of fraud with false identification. These are often people who may lie multiple times per days without turning a hair.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34130 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 7:33 AM
Recommendations: 6
The urban poor/working poor often don't have DLs.
-----------------
Georgia has a required ID but it does not have to be a driver's license. It has to be a picture ID.

In 2008 I volunteered during the election and they asked if I could help people register and get picture IDs. They had a lot of volunteers and as it turned out I only helped one woman who I can guarantee was not an illegal alien. She didn't have a driver's license but Athens Clarke County had a program where she could get a picture ID. I took her to vote and I assume she voted for Obama (she never told me and I was not there to tell her who to vote for) but she made the effort finally to vote for someone she felt a connection.

That is what the Republicans want to stop. The right of people who are disenfranchised to feel hope.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34131 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 9:02 AM
And what's the big deal about having to show a photo ID? For crimeney's sake, I already have to show a photo ID everywhere for everything. I show one to get into work, I show one to by something at BJ's Warehouse. So this is just one more place where ID is required. Much ado about nothing.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34133 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 9:06 AM
"The urban poor/working poor often don't have DLs. "

They need to have picture ID to cash their welfare checks and 'rebates' and 'freebates' and other 'income credits' (cash giveaways).

They need to have IDs to pawn things, rent an apartment.

Get off your high horse.

t.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34134 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:08 AM
I never said showing an ID is wrong. I just proved it is possible to get one. The whole point is that they are making it harder to vote for the most vulnerable and those who are disenfranchised. Not all the changes are about an ID...and I bet you are well enough off, educated enough that you have no problem with the changes because you can't relate to the problems of the poor and elderly. Without a car, without knowledge, without hope of the American dream, voting is not really something they care about. Surviving is what it is all about. But these laws just make it even harder if you are in any way drawn into the voting process. I am sure that because Obama is black the Republicans are attacking minorities with the law hoping to keep him from a second term. You don't see how this is disenfranchisement? They managed to get rid of one of the only organizations that helps the disenfranchised--Acorn--through constant bad mouthing and deception. It was masterful and disgusting. Republicans do not care that they cheated to get rid of Acorn. They are proud of it.
----------------
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/us/politics/29vote.html?_r...
<snip>
In Florida, which already had a photo law, Gov. Rick Scott signed a bill this month to tighten restrictions on third-party voter registration organizations — prompting the League of Women Voters to say it would cease registering voters in the state — and to shorten the number of early voting days. Twelve states now require photo identification to vote.
Most of the measures would require people to show a form of official, valid identification to vote. While driver’s licenses are the most common form, voters can also request free photo IDs from the Department of Motor Vehicles or use a passport or military identification, among other things.

But Democrats say thousands of people in each state do not have these. The extra step, they add, will discourage some voters who will have to pay to retrieve documents, like birth certificates, for proof to obtain a free card. If voters do not have the proper identification on Election Day, they can cast provisional ballots in most states but must return several days later to a local board of elections office with an ID.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34135 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:09 AM
I believe we have millions of people living lives of fraud with false identification.

If that's so, then they have fake DLs, right? SOmething tells me people like that aren't voting! They're staying under the govt radar.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34136 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:24 AM
And what's the big deal about having to show a photo ID? For crimeney's sake, I already have to show a photo ID everywhere for everything. I show one to get into work, I show one to by something at BJ's Warehouse. So this is just one more place where ID is required. Much ado about nothing.

Your life must be very different from mine if you need to show a photo ID "everywhere."

I only worked one place (out of at least a dozen) where I had to show my company badge to get into work (large software company). And no other photo ID would work. When I first visited that company to interview for a job, I didn't have to show any ID of any kind, and neither did any other other visitors.

I shop occasionally at Costco, and again, it's my Costco card (or a friend's) not any other photo ID. Before I had a Costco card, I tagged along with someone who had one, no problem--I also brought non-members there and gone with friends who forgot their card.

Only other times I can remember needing a ID is to get through airport security--and that's new since 9-11 IIRC, and to get into foreign countries (and that needs to be my passport).

I rarely need a photo ID.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34137 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:26 AM
I believe we have millions of people living lives of fraud with false identification.
---------------
If that's so, then they have fake DLs, right? SOmething tells me people like that aren't voting! They're staying under the govt radar.
---------------

I have read articles that say there have been investigations into voter fraud and very few cases (I think I read 24 somewhere) are fraud. Your tax payer dollars are going to investigations that turn up very little fraud, especially in proportion to the number of voters. Millions of votes cast, 24 actually proven fraud?

I agree with alstroemeria. Illegals are not going to draw attention to themselves by voting.

And while I am mentioning illegals...if the Republicans are able to get rid of illegals in large numbers look for the price of your food to go up, the re-roofing job to go up, the construction and landscaping jobs to go up....they pay those illegals very little and as soon as it becomes hard to find the cheap labor, our prices are going to go up. And Americans don't want those jobs at low wages and no benefits. Maybe that doesn't bother you. So be it. I'm just saying.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34138 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:33 AM
<<I certainly do not want illegals to vote! But I do want the citizen poor and college students to vote without having obstacles in their path.>>

Of course illegal aliens who are college students are growing hugely in numbers. As for the rest, if they can't figure out how to furnish themselves with ID, they don't belong in college.

Even our President managed to come up with a suitable birth certificate when he was motivated to do so.

Even our poor population needs to get identification for many purposes these days ----it's one of the consequences of big government my Democrats friends favor so often.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34140 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:41 AM
<<"The urban poor/working poor often don't have DLs. "

They need to have picture ID to cash their welfare checks and 'rebates' and 'freebates' and other 'income credits' (cash giveaways).

Get off your high horse.

t. >>

Somehow poor people manage to jump through a lot of hoops when there's a welfare check, utility rebate or free cell phone at the end of the rainbow.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34141 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:44 AM

Not sure about the other stuff, but I rented apartments before I had any ID whatsoever (no DL, no credit/debit cards, no passport, not so much as a library card...I can remember when my wallet had only pictures and cash in it ;-)

People who move often (like me), have enough obstacles to voting already. Thank goodness for ACORN having a rep at a city fair on one particular weekend, and thank goodness I noticed the earnest young woman asking passersby if they were registered to vote in San Francisco. She registered us, asking only for our old address and new one, our ages and our signatures when we moved within California. I had taken so much PTO for the property sale and move that I ran out and would not have been able to vote--that year anyhow. I was half expecting to be turned away at my polling place in November 2000 as I wasn't sure that way of registering would "take," but it did. No wonder Republicans hate ACORN--they help the poor, disorganized, people out of PTO, etc., to participate in our democracy. What a nightmare!!

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34142 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 10:48 AM
<<And while I am mentioning illegals...if the Republicans are able to get rid of illegals in large numbers look for the price of your food to go up, the re-roofing job to go up, the construction and landscaping jobs to go up....they pay those illegals very little and as soon as it becomes hard to find the cheap labor, our prices are going to go up. And Americans don't want those jobs at low wages and no benefits. Maybe that doesn't bother you. So be it. I'm just saying.>>

Thank you for acknowledging that illegals torpedo the wage rates of Americans legally eligible to work.

The price of food will go up if illegals were forced out of the labor force? Tough.

I thought my liberal friends WANTED to see the wage rates of poor people go up. Keeping illegals out of the labor force would contribute mightily to that.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34143 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:02 AM
Thank you for acknowledging that illegals torpedo the wage rates of Americans legally eligible to work.

Many Americans are the children/grandchildren/greatgrandchildren of poor immigrants (who knows about their legality? I do know my Russian by way of England grandmother's family came through Ellis Island and had their names changed-). Some of us have a natural sympathy for the current generations of immigrants seeking a better life in America (while I understand, I have less sympathy for people who work here only to send money to their home country, the country that still holds their allegiance).

I'm also concerned about the unemployment of so many Americans (was equally true back in the 70s/80s when unemployment was also high). I witnessed with my own eyes on my own block between 2002 and a couple of years ago when the last house was built in our little in-fill development, most black and white construction workers being increasingly replaced over those few years by both legal and illegal Mexican immigrants. The contractors don't like to admit this to the general public, but they are pocketing all the pay differences--the houses did not get cheaper with the lower wages. The general contractor who built our house in 2002 has since bought a private plane and a yacht.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34144 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:11 AM
<<I'm also concerned about the unemployment of so many Americans (was equally true back in the 70s/80s when unemployment was also high). I witnessed with my own eyes on my own block between 2002 and a couple of years ago when the last house was built in our little in-fill development, most black and white construction workers being increasingly replaced over those few years by both legal and illegal Mexican immigrants. The contractors don't like to admit this to the general public, but they are pocketing all the pay differences--the houses did not get cheaper with the lower wages. The general contractor who built our house in 2002 has since bought a private plane and a yacht.>>

I agree with you that illegals often torpedo the wage rates of legals workers, and displace them as well. I think it's quite common for contractors and farmers to actively discriminate against legal workers who might make an issue of illegal labor. Plus, of course, such job discrimination REDUCES the diversity of the labor force.

So we have significant areas of agreement on the problems illegal workers cause. Still, my liberal friends overwhelmingly extenuate and excuse illegals and the jobs they take ---- along with the Republicans who often employ them, of course.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34145 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:16 AM
"Many Americans are the children/grandchildren/greatgrandchildren of poor immigrants (who knows about their legality? I do know my Russian by way of England grandmother's family came through Ellis Island and had their names changed-). Some of us have a natural sympathy for the current generations of immigrants seeking a better life in America "

Correction: Many AMericans are the children/grandchildren/Ggrandchildren of LEGAL immigrants....... who legally came to this country.

Poor? No....to come to this country, you had to have a sponsor who would agree, that if you failed to find employment, would support you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. You had to have some skill, whether it be farmer or laborer, professional, tool maker, etc. YOu had to have enough money to get to where you were going (train ticket, etc).

My family came at various times.

My great grandfather came in 1862 to NY from Germany. Next year he was in the civil war in the 7th NY infantry.

My grandfather came from Italy. He was a trained watch maker. My grandmother came from Sweden.

Others in my family were riggers and painters and other skilled trades. One survived the Johnstown flood.

ALL of them came here legally.

I have NO sympathy for border runners.

t.

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34155 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 12:34 PM
People who move often (like me), have enough obstacles to voting already. Thank goodness for ACORN having a rep at a city fair on one particular weekend, and thank goodness I noticed the earnest young woman asking passersby if they were registered to vote in San Francisco. She registered us, asking only for our old address and new one, our ages and our signatures when we moved within California. I had taken so much PTO for the property sale and move that I ran out and would not have been able to vote--that year anyhow. I was half expecting to be turned away at my polling place in November 2000 as I wasn't sure that way of registering would "take," but it did. No wonder Republicans hate ACORN--they help the poor, disorganized, people out of PTO, etc., to participate in our democracy. What a nightmare!!

We sometimes forget what a privilege it is to have a stable address. Poor people have to move a lot--I moved every year or sometimes more when I was poor. Especially given the current housing and job crisis: I know families who are couch-surfing. Should they not be allowed to vote because they don't have a stable address?

Vickifool

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34156 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 12:35 PM
"I only worked one place (out of at least a dozen) where I had to show my company badge to get into work (large software company). And no other photo ID would work. When I first visited that company to interview for a job, I didn't have to show any ID of any kind, and neither did any other other visitors."

I have to show ID to get onto the military installation where I work, and, I have to use a swipe card to gain access into my specific building. Every day. So the idea of showing an ID to vote is really no big deal to me.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34161 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 1:09 PM
So the idea of showing an ID to vote is really no big deal to me.

I run 1.5 miles every day so the idea of requiring voters to run a mile in order to be allowed to vote is no big deal to me. And if such a law were passed, it would have as much chance of stopping voter fraud as a requirement to show a photo ID.

The poor and unfortunate Americans move often and work hard to get by. Some do not have photo IDs and many would have trouble finding the time to get a government issued photo ID prior to voting. The photo ID requirement is a hoax. People who know how voting actually works realize that this is not about voter fraud at all. It is about trying to keep the poor and unfortunate from the polls. Only fearful wingnuts, ignorant of actual voting laws and procedures, imagine that this law will reduce voter fraud. It will only reduce legitimate American voters.

Author: IBPore Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34163 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 1:23 PM
I never said showing an ID is wrong. I just proved it is possible to get one. The whole point is that they are making it harder to vote for the most vulnerable and those who are disenfranchised. Not all the changes are about an ID...and I bet you are well enough off, educated enough that you have no problem with the changes because you can't relate to the problems of the poor and elderly.

What is the purpose of having a photo ID? I can see it for a driver's license. I can see a bank requiring one for making a withdrawal. I can see it to enter a secure area. I can even see an employer requiring one. But I fail to see any general value in a photo ID.

Back in the Nazi era, a photo ID was required for everyone in Germany. It had to be presented to the police when one moved or traveled. Scary, no? Guess what? Germany still has those requirements, as a very democratic nation. I don't see the point.

IB Pore

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34164 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 1:23 PM

Your incredible ignorance of voting procedures is showing. Apparently you imagine that illegals are registering to vote without ID, providing their name and address without proof, then showing up at the polls to vote? And apparently in your paranoid little wingnut mind, they are doing this in large enough numbers to impact election results. And when you pass this law, they will show up at the polls without photo ID and be rejected?

Most states require citizens to show proof of name and proof of address when they register. Their name and address is then entered in the voter registry. How does requiring a photo ID at the polling place help fraud? Do you imagine that all citizens already have photo IDs? Do you imagine that no illegals have photo IDs?

This is an example of Republican lying reprehensible behavior. There is no legitimate excuse for passing these laws. The wingnuts are as ignorant of voting laws and procedures as they are of tax laws and regulations. But they make up stuff and rationalize their sad and pathetic behavior.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34167 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 1:32 PM
"Your incredible ignorance of voting procedures is showing. Apparently you imagine that illegals are registering to vote without ID, providing their name and address without proof, then showing up at the polls to vote? And apparently in your paranoid little wingnut mind, they are doing this in large enough numbers to impact election results. And when you pass this law, they will show up at the polls without photo ID and be rejected?"

We actually witnesses massive ACORN voter fraud.....

There is no reason to speculate.

ACORN simply made up voters....then those same ACORN folks could have cast ballots in the fictitious names.

They were caught and busted.

Plain and simple fraud.

t

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34168 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 1:36 PM
What is the purpose of having a photo ID? I can see it for a driver's license. I can see a bank requiring one for making a withdrawal. I can see it to enter a secure area. I can even see an employer requiring one. But I fail to see any general value in a photo ID.

Back in the Nazi era, a photo ID was required for everyone in Germany. It had to be presented to the police when one moved or traveled. Scary, no? Guess what? Germany still has those requirements, as a very democratic nation. I don't see the point.

IB Pore
------------------
And having a valid ID even a driver's license is still no guarantee that you won't be targeted by the police. I know someone in Atlanta that went to jail just because she is Hispanic (from Puerto Rico) when she was stopped for driving 40 in a school zone.

The people of this country are under attack. Everyone, including Republicans are going to suffer. We are losing our democracy, our freedom, our way of life.

Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34169 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 1:38 PM
I know someone in Atlanta that went to jail just because she is Hispanic (from Puerto Rico) when she was stopped for driving 40 in a school zone.

The Blessed Virgin should go to jail for doing 40 in a school zone. Tell her to slow the hell down so she won't have to play the ethnicity card when she's just flat out wrong.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34173 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 2:16 PM
"I know someone in Atlanta that went to jail just because she is Hispanic (from Puerto Rico) when she was stopped for driving 40 in a school zone."

I suspect there was something else involved. Puerto Rico is a possession of the US and the folks there US citizens.

Otherwise, she'd have a harassment lawsuit in the works....

t.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34176 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 2:58 PM
We actually witnesses massive ACORN voter fraud.....

There is no reason to speculate.

ACORN simply made up voters....then those same ACORN folks could have cast ballots in the fictitious names.

They were caught and busted.

Plain and simple fraud.

Another wingnut lie. Really.

Are you completely unfamiliar with telling the truth instead of making stuff up? Do you not know the difference? or just don't think the truth matters as long as your lie supports your feeble minded, ill-informed world view?

And what do you think your made up crap accomplishes? By now you have been discredited so much no one would you believe you if you accidentally stumbled across the truth.

Here's an assignment for you, tele. Go look up what actually happened with ACORN and come back and report only the facts - not made up wingnut echo chamber lies - facts. Try, as an experiment, to see if you can post one single post that only presents actual facts. I fear that you have twisted the tin foil cap onto your head so tightly that you are incapable of speaking the truth anymore. You have lost touch with reality.

Author: IBPore Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34178 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 3:20 PM
Here's an assignment for you, tele. Go look up what actually happened with ACORN and come back and report only the facts - not made up wingnut echo chamber lies - facts. Try, as an experiment, to see if you can post one single post that only presents actual facts. I fear that you have twisted the tin foil cap onto your head so tightly that you are incapable of speaking the truth anymore. You have lost touch with reality.

Tele gets all his news from the coyote blog.

IB Pore

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34179 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 3:25 PM
The Rotten ACORN

http://rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-complete-guide-to-acorn-vot...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html

http://www.acornvoterfraud.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZrMpv0Pss

Convicted...guilty.....

t.

Author: namkato Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34181 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 3:40 PM
Republican-controlled statehouses around the country

an attack on Democracy
===================================

using these two statements together is illogical

the Republicans were voted in - Democracy - and are doing what their constituents voted them in to do - more Democracy

so sorry, sore loser

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34183 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 5:15 PM
--sg
------------------
thanks for a good laugh...needed it

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34184 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 5:21 PM

the Republicans were voted in - Democracy - and are doing what their constituents voted them in to do - more Democracy

so sorry, sore loser
----------------
not a sore loser just stating the facts
they are attacking democratic principles...and yeah they were voted in, with lies about medicare scare and everything else they can think up, but I think voters are going to vote them out because they have gone too far.

We'll see who's right. If they like those Republican congresses in Wisconsin, Ohio, etc., more power to them. I will be amazed and say,well you never know how crazy the electorate can be!

And we won't have to wait until 11/12...recall elections start this summer in Wisconsin and probably Ohio although I have only heard updates on WI

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34186 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 5:43 PM
<<We sometimes forget what a privilege it is to have a stable address. Poor people have to move a lot--I moved every year or sometimes more when I was poor. Especially given the current housing and job crisis: I know families who are couch-surfing. Should they not be allowed to vote because they don't have a stable address?

Vickifool >>

Registering to vote is just one of the many costs of moving. Deal with it.

Having a reasonably secure voter registration system is the price of our political system.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34189 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 5:55 PM
<<The poor and unfortunate Americans move often and work hard to get by. Some do not have photo IDs and many would have trouble finding the time to get a government issued photo ID prior to voting. The photo ID requirement is a hoax. People who know how voting actually works realize that this is not about voter fraud at all. It is about trying to keep the poor and unfortunate from the polls. Only fearful wingnuts, ignorant of actual voting laws and procedures, imagine that this law will reduce voter fraud. It will only reduce legitimate American voters.>>

You need identification to function in this society. That's a fact of life. If you don't have it, get it.

Until the past couple of years, a driver's license or birth certificate got me across the Canadian Border. These days you need a passport or enhanced driver's license which provides additional verification of legal residency which I don't have because I haven't been willing to spend the extra money.

So I'm excluded from visiting British Columbia these days, which is about 150 miles from where I live. That's simply a fact of life and a CHOICE I make.

People make choices all the time about how they live their lives. Frankly, I don't consider it unreasonably burdensome to provide ID before registering to vote. If you do, you are welcome to your opinion and it becomes a political question.

We certainly have plenty of history of fraud in voting. Keep the system lax and you can depend on that laxity being exploited. Furthermore, a lax voter registration system leads to lax issuance of other identification.

If Bill Clinton had got Osama Bin Laden in the 1990s, this might not be and issue today.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34190 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 6:01 PM
"thanks for a good laugh"

It's easy to make a librul laugh

You just Obama isn't the worst president and it's all bush's fault and the libruls go nuts with rec's.

t.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34191 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 6:02 PM
<<Your incredible ignorance of voting procedures is showing. Apparently you imagine that illegals are registering to vote without ID, providing their name and address without proof, then showing up at the polls to vote? And apparently in your paranoid little wingnut mind, they are doing this in large enough numbers to impact election results. And when you pass this law, they will show up at the polls without photo ID and be rejected?

Most states require citizens to show proof of name and proof of address when they register. Their name and address is then entered in the voter registry. How does requiring a photo ID at the polling place help fraud? Do you imagine that all citizens already have photo IDs? Do you imagine that no illegals have photo IDs?>>

When I was a volunteer voter registrar in the 1970s, we were prohibited from asking for any kind of identification or proof of identity or address. The sole protection against fraud was signing the voter registration document under a affirmation that the information was correct.

These days with motor-voter laws, you don't even have to look a person in the eye. It's an invitation to fraud.

In Washington state you must register from the address from which you are a legal resident --- but that is WIDELY ignored with college students who often register from college campuses where they are not legal residents. If they have to provide a driver's license, that kind of abuse would probably be much rarer.

I think you are the one who is naive about the voter registration process.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34193 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 6:13 PM
<<
Are you completely unfamiliar with telling the truth instead of making stuff up? Do you not know the difference? or just don't think the truth matters as long as your lie supports your feeble minded, ill-informed world view?>>

Making stuff up is among the things that got Acorn in trouble politically. They paid a price for their misbehavior.

Tough.

Planneed Parenthood recently came in for similar scrutiny, but no evidence of using public money for abortion services was found. They are still in business, collecting nearly a billion dollars a year in government contracts.

If you are a government contractor and use the money you are paid improperly, expect to get burned.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34195 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:10 PM
Registering to vote is just one of the many costs of moving. Deal with it.

Having a reasonably secure voter registration system is the price of our political system.

More Republican obfuscation. There is no fraud. Putting up hurdles to voting is not about fraud. Pretending that these laws address voter fraud is the only fraud going on. Republicans that defend this nonsense are liars. Deal with it.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34196 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:12 PM
We certainly have plenty of history of fraud in voting. Keep the system lax and you can depend on that laxity being exploited. Furthermore, a lax voter registration system leads to lax issuance of other identification.

More Republican lies. No fraud. No proof of fraud. You lie about it in order to defend an effort by your masters to thwart Democracy.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34197 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:15 PM
When I was a volunteer voter registrar in the 1970s, we were prohibited from asking for any kind of identification or proof of identity or address. The sole protection against fraud was signing the voter registration document under a affirmation that the information was correct.

More Republican lies. Here is the voter registration from for the state of Washington: http://wei.secstate.wa.gov/osos/en/voterinformation/Document...

Notice that you must have a valid Washington Drivers License, State ID, or Social Security number that can be verified. You can only register to vote online in Washington if you have a DL or State ID.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34198 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:18 PM

Apparently Republicans have no better understanding of logic than they do of math or the truth.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34199 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:56 PM
<<Registering to vote is just one of the many costs of moving. Deal with it.

More Republican obfuscation. There is no fraud. Putting up hurdles to voting is not about fraud. Pretending that these laws address voter fraud is the only fraud going on. Republicans that defend this nonsense are liars. Deal with it.>>

You are blinded by your own hate.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34200 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/30/2011 11:58 PM
<<When I was a volunteer voter registrar in the 1970s, we were prohibited from asking for any kind of identification or proof of identity or address. The sole protection against fraud was signing the voter registration document under a affirmation that the information was correct.

More Republican lies. Here is the voter registration from for the state of Washington: http://wei.secstate.wa.gov/osos/en/voterinformation/Document......

Notice that you must have a valid Washington Drivers License, State ID, or Social Security number that can be verified. You can only register to vote online in Washington if you have a DL or State ID.>>

You are so blinded by your own hate you can't even read the words that are plainly before you.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34201 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/31/2011 1:19 AM
You are blinded by your own hate.

The facts back my position.

Your position . . . NOPE. No facts to support it. Just Republican lies.

You must hate the truth.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34203 of 60439
Subject: Re: Lying Reprehensible Pigs (R) Date: 5/31/2011 2:59 AM
<<You are blinded by your own hate.

The facts back my position.

Your position . . . NOPE. No facts to support it. Just Republican lies.

You must hate the truth. >>

I already pointed out that lots of college students register from their college dorms where they are not legal residents. When they have to register from the address on their drivers license it promises to rather starkly change the political climate around a lot of college towns.

And I might point out that you have your hate backing up your opinions. No facts there!

Seattle Pioneer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (61) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement