No. of Recommendations: 0
'm planning to purchase some corporate bonds to lock in a steady revenue stream. But I can't seem to find much information on the web about bonds, where to buy them, how to analzye one versus another.

If you know any good sites, plese let me know.

Right now I am considering the triple A bonds from the Tennesse Valley Authory maturing in 2043 with a current yield of 8.0%

There's not a lot on the web; but there's not a lot on this subject anywhere that I've been able to determine. Probably because it's basically a more simple subject, once you get comfortable with the basics. If you haven't done it, read all the way through the messages on this board: that will give you a great grounding. The best book with an overall intro I've found is Bond Market Rules by Michael D. Sheimo. There are others, I'm sure, but this one approaches the whole topic in short chapters that explain the basics fairly clearly.

E*Trade is one on-line broker that actually provides quite a bit of info and the means to do the buying and selling. Their site takes a bit of getting used to, but does help with setting up ladders, etc.

mathetes
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement