No. of Recommendations: 4
Well, that was spooky, for some unknown reason, it took forever to sort out this update on my 2012 Mac Pro.. Multiple reboots, slow progress bars to where I almost did a forced power down...

Before I did it, we just returned from a long weekend, and maybe mistakenly turned the furnace off, house was 54 degrees when we got home, and the Mac Pro didn't like it, partial boot, white screen with the gray slashed zero. rebooted with the shift key down, it came up, reboot, seemed OK. So I went for the update..

I wish they would show more information on what its doing, maybe a counter to know its alive? Near the last stage there was a note, 'completing update, with a time estimate, but not earlier screens where I nearly bailed on..

There used to be a Verbose mode, a line by line of what the System was doing during a boot.. Not sure when that went away. before OSX I think..

Anyway, I hope it was worth the hassle, not sure I want to do DW's iMac for a while..

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.