Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CrackerJac One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1173  
Subject: Re: What is going on??/ Date: 2/1/2000 1:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
MACR is a great company that is still growing very quickly, and the stock price will bounce back - just like it always has on its little volatile swings.

As Spirit reported:
Macromedia reported their fiscal 3rd quarter net of $0.15 per share, excluding one-time and non-cash charges. This was three cents better than the First Call mean, vs year-ago profit of $0.04. The company's revenues increased 69% to $65.50 million.

Those are some very good numbers. I think the whisper number was $0.17/share, though, and that may be why the street is beating up on MACR. Who knows?? The street is very moody, especially towards internet-related stocks. If you beat all estimates, your goin to the moon, if you miss one, you tank.

As far as MACR being overvalued, to be honest, I think it is. But there are TONS of overvalued companies out there, and these internet-related stocks are not valued the same way. Their future potential heavily determines their stock performance. If none of that were factored in, then I think a company the size of MACR would probably be trading in the 30-40 range.

But here it is: MACR has changed the way you and I view websites. They are continuing to do so and their technologies have become so mainstream, they are not only built into browsers, but they are accepted as being a part of a normal browsing experience. MACR's site shockwave.com has attracted MILIONS of members and receives tons of hits a day (and will be spun off soon, I believe). People love websites developed with flash. MACR recently acquired Elemental Software and also, probably more importantly, Andromedia, both of which are going to help promote them further as an e-business applications developer. They have also formed partnerships with big name companies like @Home, Sun, Apple, and others. MACR has been huge during a period when the online experience was characterized by dial-up connections and extremely slow download rates - both soon to be a thing of the past. As the public accepts broadband access (cable, dsl, etc.), it will also embrace technologies that are more interactive, attractive and "cool." MACR is already there, but they are not sitting around waiting. That is the best part. The vision this company has is what is going to keep them not only strong but a leader for at least the next three years, and probably beyond. They produce DreamWeaver and Drumbeat, two of the best site developer tools on the market. That is in addition to producing Flash, and Director.

All that and revenues increased 69% - sounds like a company I might think about investing in...

I have held MACR for quite a while and it has rewarded me for that. It has been a volatile stock in that time, but none of them bothered me a bit and neither does this one.

Pick good companies with good financials, good management, and a promising future in a growing industry and you will not lose - long term. Ignore the short-term mood swings of the market.

I will give my disclaimer as I have before on this board: I am not trying to "sell" this company. It is just one of my favorites.

Ryan
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement