No. of Recommendations: 2
By now, most of us have heard that a cow with Mad Cow disease was found in Canada. None in the U.S. so far. I know there are procedures in place to ensure that no cattle-feed containing parts/particles of dead animals are fed to cattle here - that's fine (if you're going to trust that this law is being adhered to).

However, my understanding is that often cows are traded back 'n forth between Canada and U.S. ranchers and this has been going on for years. So its not outside of the realm of possibility that....Well, you know the rest.

Its entirely possible that a similarly infected cow(s) could be here right now....people, in this country, buying meat don't know where the meat is coming from, it isn't labeled. When I buy produce, I look for the label of origin. I buy organic but don't know if it really is, where it comes from, if it REALLY hasn't been sprayed with pesticides or how th'heck it's been fertilized and in what kind of soil. However, beef or other meat-buyers haven't a clue where that meat is from. Although I have seen signs stating "New-Zealand lamb" etc...

We have to, at some point, trust someone. Its scary though... I have a friend who maintains that when we die, our bodies won't dissipate and rot into non-existence because we're too filled with preservatives. ;)

Tuni (glad she doesn't eat mammals)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement