UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (75) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736595  
Subject: Re: What is your goal in life? Date: 10/11/2012 11:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
madcap
4) I *might* be doing what I call "The 100K Challenge" in 2013. That would be doing 100,000 sit-ups and 100,000 push-ups during 2013. It might be a little aggressive, so I might cut it down to "The 50K Challenge." I will reassess where I stand at the end of 2012.

JLC
That only comes out to about 270/day. Really not hard to do. Sometimes my WOD (Workout of the Day) that I use for Spartan Race training has a power hour of pushups. Do X number each minute for an hour. I easily do 10/minute so that is 600 in an hour. So if you only did 5/minute, you've got it covered. You could easily do 5 pushups and 5 situps each minute.

Let me know how the Tough Mudder goes. I've looked at their website and might do one as well.

The 100k challenge sounds pretty awesome. The question I have is are you doing those things every day? The body needs rest so 7 days a week of 270 pushups/situps would wipe you out afer just a few weeks and inviting injury. If it were me, I'd alternate and do 3 days of pushups and 3 days of situps. That works out to 640 per day with one day of complete rest.

decath (who does a lot of push-ups, pullups and situps twice per week. Pull-ups are a b...ch with my 220 lb frame. When I'm fresh, I can generally do 8-13 legal pullups. So I encorporate variations like jumping pullups or use elastic bands after my arms are fried.)

decath
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (75) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement