No. of Recommendations: 0
I have recently relocated to Europe with my husband. I rolled my 401k intto a traditional IRA, and I have a million questions (well, not really a million, but close to that!)...

1. First of all, I was reading in the info on IRAs that those eligible for an IRA were people earning income, etc., etc. If I am no longer earning income in the States can I still maintain an IRA??

2. As far as I understand, I won't be able to contribute to my IRA from Europe, correct??

3. I'm thinking about converting it to a ROTH. Since I can't contribute, wouldn't this be a better option for me??

Stage fright - I can only think of three questions at the moment - I'll have more later.

If anyone can help me out, please don't hesitate to do so.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.