UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: flowerschild Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977379  
Subject: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 3:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 64
Just watched the replay of the debate-- Biden totally schooled the congressman.

Biden was clear and upfront about President Obama's policies regarding healthcare, women's reproductive rights, Medicare, social security, wars and potential wars.

Ryan was trying to sell a "feeling" of trust, and as a congressman in a Congress with a 7% approval rating, that didn't work at all. Especially when he tried to blame the President for failing to reach across the aisle.

Ryan seemed nervous and thirsty, and lacking in SPECIFICS!!
Americans don't vote for someone on faith alone-- details about your policies before the election are important.

Parse laughs and smiles all you want, but Biden has a certain grounding in truth that shone well tonight.

flowerschild

P.S. And if you prefer to speak of the visuals, you can't discount the goofy-grinned, bug-eyed congressman in the suit that was 2 sizes too big.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FourBearss One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823653 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 8:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Ryan seemed nervous and thirsty, and lacking in SPECIFICS!!

Dead on:

RADDATZ: Well, let's talk about this 20 percent. You have
refused - and, again - to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20
percent across-the-board tax cut. Do you actually have the specifics?
Or are you still working on it, and that's why you won't tell voters?

RYAN: Different than this administration, we actually want to
have big bipartisan agreements. You see, I understand the...

RADDATZ: Do you have the specifics? Do you have the...

(CROSSTALK)
BIDEN: That would - that would be a first for the Republican
Congress.

RADDATZ: Do you know exactly what you're doing?

RYAN: Look - look at what Mitt Romney - look at what Ronald
Reagan and Tip O'Neill did. They worked together out of a framework
to lower tax rates and broaden the base, and they worked together to
fix that.

What we're saying is, here's our framework. Lower tax rates 20
percent. We raised about $1.2 trillion through income taxes. We
forego about $1.1 trillion in loopholes and deductions. And so what
we're saying is, deny those loopholes and deductions to higher-income
taxpayers so that more of their income is taxed, which has a broader
base of taxation...

BIDEN: Can I translate?

RYAN: ... so we can lower tax rates across the board. Now,
here's why I'm saying this. What we're saying is, here's the
framework...

BIDEN: I hope I'm going to get time to respond to this.

RADDATZ: You'll get time.

RYAN: We want to work with Congress - we want to work with the
Congress on how best to achieve this. That means successful. Look...

RADDATZ: No specifics, again.

RYAN: Mitt - what we're saying is, lower tax rates 20 percent,
start with the wealthy, work with Congress to do it...

RADDATZ: And you guarantee this math will add up?

RYAN: Absolutely. Six studies have guaranteed - six studies
have verified that this math adds up. But here's...

RADDATZ: Vice President Biden...

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823660 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 8:23 AM
Recommendations: 0
Ryan was trying to sell a "feeling" of trust, and as a congressman in a Congress with a 7% approval rating, that didn't work at all. Especially when he tried to blame the President for failing to reach across the aisle.

I think that this was a point that Ryan struck a tone that made Romney/Ryan attractive to independents. I think that Ryan should have thrown Bill Clinton's name out there. Clinton could be a model for reaching across the aisle in a way that Obama seems incapable of doing.

CNN viewers gave the narrow win to Ryan. I think it was even closer a tie.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823667 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 9:20 AM
Recommendations: 2
"Just watched the replay of the debate-- Biden totally schooled the congressman."

???? wha...

Are you 10?

Biden was a jerk, showed no class last night, Biden acted like the boy with immature sighs, smirks, snears, laughing while Ryan was talking, that's not debating, that's smugness.

When you said man vs boy, Biden acted like a boy showing immaturatity all night long, Ryan acted like an adult, respectful, classy.

Author: FourBearss One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823730 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 10:44 AM
Recommendations: 5
Biden was a jerk, showed no class last night, Biden acted like the boy with immature sighs, smirks, snears, laughing while Ryan was talking, that's not debating, that's smugness.

Obviously, Biden could have just sat there like he did not want to be there....

Biden won that debate on substance, hands down, Ryan did not provide any specifics and when Biden and the moderator called him out on it, he had no rebuttal.

I was surprised Ryan did not announce "Look, this is Mitt's plan, it does not make sense, I am just trying to defend the policy of a guy who changes his position whenever he changes his underwear, give me a break".

I got to hand it to the right-wingers, they know how to make a t@rd shine, those Bush years prepared them well.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823869 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 2:18 PM
Aren't there rules of debate to prohibit the obnoxious behavior of Joe Biden? If there aren't, there should be.

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823894 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 2:58 PM
Americans don't vote for someone on faith alone--

Say what?

Hope and Change, what was that?

Try Again

ed

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824003 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 5:18 PM
Going viral as we type...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtemaHgjyA&feature=youtu...

Author: flowerschild Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824061 of 1977379
Subject: Re: Man vs Boy Date: 10/12/2012 7:11 PM
Recommendations: 42
Americans don't vote for someone on faith alone--

Say what?

Hope and Change, what was that?

Try Again

ed

OK, here goes...

I think closing the donut hole in Medicare is a great change. I think saving the American auto industry is a great change. I think the Afffordable Care Act is a great change. I think a recovering economy is a great change. I think a dead Osama Bin Laden is a great change. I think ending the war in Iraq is a great change.

And I hope for more.

I've seen change these past four years, albeit slow. But there is only so much you can do with a Republican Congress hell bent on making this President a one-term president.

The economy is improving, and Republicans hate it.

flowerschild

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement