UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734564  
Subject: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 7:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Horror as remote-control helicopter stunt pilot, 19, partially-decapitates himself with his aircraft after he lost control

Roman Pirozek Jr, 19, was an avid RC helicopter hobbyist
He specialized in performing dare-devil tricks with his powerful $1,500 model helicopter
His own father watched as the blades of the 6-pound RC flyer sliced off a piece of his head
He was dead when police arrived

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2413231/Roman-Piroze...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

---

Guess he mistimed that last trick about the helicopter falling toward his head , only to be started at the last moment to avoid it....

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695795 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 9:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Roman Pirozek Jr, 19, was an avid RC helicopter hobbyist
He specialized in performing dare-devil tricks with his powerful $1,500 model helicopter. His own father watched as the blades of the 6-pound RC flyer sliced off a piece of his head. He was dead when police arrived."

------------

Sometimes they say "it's not your time" but I guess in this case it was his time?

Art

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695796 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 9:12 AM
I'm surprised Art you didn't talk about 'duality and separation'.....he essentially cut his own head off....with his helicopter blade....

t.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695804 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 9:22 AM
"I'm surprised Art you didn't talk about 'duality and separation'.....he essentially cut his own head off....with his helicopter blade." - tele
-------------------

Everyone who loved and cared about that boy, his parents, friends, etc. will experience separation now that his physical body is dead. And the closer they were to him the more emotion his death will evoke and the more emotional the more they will mourn and remember his death and how he died.

The only way you can escape experiencing separation is by becoming a monk and locking yourself away somewhere, or becoming a hermit and going and living somewhere that you don't have any human contact.

Life is so weird. To avoid experiencing separation you have to completely separate yourself from life.

Art

Author: catmeyoo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695818 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 10:04 AM
Recommendations: 7
The only way you can escape experiencing separation is by becoming a monk and locking yourself away somewhere, or becoming a hermit and going and living somewhere that you don't have any human contact. --art

A dream devoutly to be wished (credit Hamlet). I'm so comfortable alone by now--I wish other people would all go away--and that the business and necessities of life would carry on without my having to see and talk with anyone in person or on the phone. Only by letter or keyboard and only when absolutely essential.

Read this this morning in Paul Theroux's The Great Railway Bazaar--he was lamenting after a fellow traveler talked him into going somewhere together:

"I could have been having a nice drink--alone--relaxing. I need to be alone after seeing people--sort of put myself back together."

Exactly.

Author: buffalogal100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695851 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 12:21 PM
Recommendations: 3
Read this this morning in Paul Theroux's The Great Railway Bazaar--he was lamenting after a fellow traveler talked him into going somewhere together:

A long ago road trip with two girl friends completely cured me of going somewhere with someone. "Together" ends just a few miles up the road. Let's stop here, let's stop there - every Ross store within 20 miles of our stop and go journey was a must see, tons of antique shops, etc. When I drove, I refused to stop at a lot of places. Pout, pout, from one of the girls. I just wanted to get off that crazy ride as soon as possible, get rid of the fangs growing in my mouth. Nothing was better than when our destination ended and I was out of that car. Never, ever again. If anyone is planning a road trip, it isn't lots of laughs. It's an endurance trial where you almost want to see who lives and who doesn't. :-)

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695864 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 1:02 PM
And the closer they were to him the more emotion his death will evoke and the more emotional the more they will mourn and remember his death and how he died.

Is there such a thing as a Duality/Separation Emotion-O-Meter? What's the upper range? Lower range?

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695865 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 1:05 PM
"Is there such a thing as a Duality/Separation Emotion-O-Meter? What's the upper range? Lower range?" Catherine
-----------------

The most emotional thing someone can experience while we are here on this Earth is the loss of someone we love. Nothing else comes close. I cried for three days when my mom died.

I suppose the lowest separation experience might be urinating or defecating? Very little emotion attached to that experience?

Art

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695873 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/6/2013 1:29 PM
The most emotional thing someone can experience while we are here on this Earth is the loss of someone we love. Nothing else comes close.

Ask returning veterans suffering from PTSD what they think.

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 696285 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/8/2013 8:49 PM
Recommendations: 2
A dream devoutly to be wished (credit Hamlet). I'm so comfortable alone by now--I wish other people would all go away--and that the business and necessities of life would carry on without my having to see and talk with anyone in person or on the phone. Only by letter or keyboard and only when absolutely essential. -catyemoo

A long ago road trip with two girl friends completely cured me of going somewhere with someone. "Together" ends just a few miles up the road. Let's stop here, let's stop there - every Ross store within 20 miles of our stop and go journey was a must see, tons of antique shops, etc. When I drove, I refused to stop at a lot of places. Pout, pout, from one of the girls. I just wanted to get off that crazy ride as soon as possible, get rid of the fangs growing in my mouth. Nothing was better than when our destination ended and I was out of that car. Never, ever again. If anyone is planning a road trip, it isn't lots of laughs. It's an endurance trial where you almost want to see who lives and who doesn't. :-) -buffalogal

Other people are hell. The Baron sometimes questions the wisdom of his living in close quarters with nearly three million of them in only 225 square miles.

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 696286 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/8/2013 8:51 PM
A dream devoutly to be wished (credit Hamlet). I'm so comfortable alone by now--I wish other people would all go away--and that the business and necessities of life would carry on without my having to see and talk with anyone in person or on the phone. Only by letter or keyboard and only when absolutely essential. -catyemoo

Yikes. Poor eyesight and deteriorating proofreading skills are hell, too.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 696291 of 734564
Subject: Re: Man wins Darwin Award Date: 9/8/2013 8:58 PM
A dream devoutly to be wished (credit Hamlet). I'm so comfortable alone by now--I wish other people would all go away--and that the business and necessities of life would carry on without my having to see and talk with anyone in person or on the phone. Only by letter or keyboard and only when absolutely essential.

"I could have been having a nice drink--alone--relaxing. I need to be alone after seeing people--sort of put myself back together." .

Exactly.
----------------------------------------------------------
Whoa! I just saw this, i so identify with that. With all of it actually, not just the bolded parts.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement