UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736336  
Subject: Re: went to the shooting range Date: 9/4/2012 11:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Man, you get to the range way more than I do, I'm jealous! Then again the nearest "range" is over 30 minutes away and my wife and kid like to see me for some odd reason so there's never enough time to get away for that (last time I went was July 4th, and the only reason I could go was that both of them were up north and I was home alone! Better shooting up paper targets than catting around I guess eh!)

Berettas are good firearms from what I hear. I've actually never shot one though (again, jealous!) If I were getting a firearm soon it would be a Springfield XD-M compact in 9mm, easier to carry than my Sig P238 (though I'd probably carry both at the same time.) I do have to get more 9mm ammo at any rate. Maybe I'll buy 1,000 rounds and get all the liberals hot and bothered that I have "an arsenal" of rounds that's "more than [I] could legitimately need". Of course I can easily go through 200 rounds at the range so that's 5-10 range visits' worth, hardly an obnoxious amount but, hey, liberals know best (just ask them, lol!)

As for the fumes at the range, provided they have a good ventilation system and you aren't living there it shouldn't be too much of a concern. I'd be more worried about the lead accumulating on your face, arms and clothing while you're there. It's always a good idea to rinse off with cold water (especially exposed areas) and wash those clothes ASAP. Not that any single range visit will lead to lead poisoning but it accumulates in your system over time and if you go often (which it sounds like you are) then it could be building up. They say to use cold water as it won't cause your pores to open letting in lead. I don't know if that's true but I do it anyway.

A lot of what you're smelling is burnt gunpowder of course. I have no idea what the OSHA regs are on that but I don't think it's a major concern. I rather like the smell actually! The chemicals you use to clean guns afterwards are probably give off more dangerous fumes (love the smell of Hoppes, but I doubt it's particularly good for you!)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement