UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DrBrandonRye One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 305  
Subject: Managing Other People's Money Date: 10/27/2008 10:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have no idea which board this question belongs on, so I hope I am not in the wrong place! In general, what is the easiest way to legally invest money for other people. I'm not talking about starting a fund or anything, just investing money for family. I know that many people don't believe in mixing family and business, but I was just curious. Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 302 of 305
Subject: Re: Managing Other People's Money Date: 10/28/2008 3:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
As long as you don't get paid for it via commission or fees you can do whatever you like.

If you are going to charge for your services you will have to register with your state as a Registered Investment Advisor.

buzman

Author: DrBrandonRye One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 303 of 305
Subject: Re: Managing Other People's Money Date: 10/31/2008 12:40 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the answer, I've been looking for clarification! I appreciate it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement