UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961186  
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 5:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Mandate? Laughable this election if Obama was your choice...

Trust me on this. There is a strong consensus among the 98% who are relying on the other 2% to "pay their fair share" - as well as among the vast number of Americans who receive or expect to receive their entitlements without interruption or diminution - that Obama promised and he better deliver on his dual mandates.

1. To raise taxes on the top 2% of earners, while sparing the other 98%.

2. To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility.


These were the thrust of his campaign - and the basis upon which he was put back in the White House.

Republicans had just better give in now - and acknowledge they've been whipped.

They should announce that they recognize that Obama's election mandates are the above two points - and that the Republicans are going to bow to his will on these two points.

Then, after the can has been kicked into next year, they can duke it out over raising the debt limit. The fact that Obama failed to take into account the debt when he agreed to his mandate is not their problem.

Republicans just don't know how to lose - or how to acknowledge when a president has a mandate he has to live up to.

Morons.

Give the man what he wants. He bought it and he owns it.

You lost, Republicans.

;-)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement