UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: boogieman101 One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1193  
Subject: margin account deductible? Date: 5/29/2008 10:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know for sure whether the CRA considers interest paid to the broker in a margin account in order to buy and hold securities a tax-deductible interest expense? I asked 2 different accountants and one said yes and one said no...go figure...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Frogtree71 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1157 of 1193
Subject: Re: margin account deductible? Date: 6/27/2008 8:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I deduct it.

Author: boogieman101 One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1159 of 1193
Subject: Re: margin account deductible? Date: 7/3/2008 10:50 AM
thanks frogtree...i appreciate the feedback!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement