Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Nathan7264 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19  
Subject: MarineMax Date: 8/10/1999 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I too am looking at this stock. The current picture seems to look promising. It selling at a very low multiple (around 5) with apparently good prospects of earnings growth, REQ of 26%, LT debt very low (LT Debt/Eq .04), Price to Free Cash Flow is near 6, insiders were buying signifcantly at a couple dollars lower than the current price last year. One concern I have is that the number of shares outstanding have increased dramatically. From March 98 to March 99 the outstanding shares have increased from about 9,000,000 to 15,000,000. I understand that this is due to all of the acquisitions, but need to see that the acquisitions create more than the shareholder value given up by the dilution of shares. Quantitatively, I love this stock. As I don't think the boat is leaving quite yet (so sorry, bad pun), I am going to stay tuned from the side lines right now.

Does anyone know any reasons that make this stock more risky than the picture I presented? Any more info on the settlement? I would also appreciate any insight into the quality of management anyone might have? Thanks.

Nathan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: shastadude Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 19
Subject: Re: MarineMax Date: 8/10/1999 4:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I certainly don't have all the facts; however, when I first started reading about Marine Max after they went public I remember reading that one of the big snags to success could be the fact that there were too many Chiefs. ie. When you take 5 or 6 Corporation Presidents that have been running their own companies their own way, it could present some potential conflicts.

Author: Nathan7264 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 19
Subject: Re: MarineMax Date: 8/13/1999 1:32 PM
Yes, I can see how that might pose a problem and could get in the way of some of the benefits received by bringing the companies together. Thanks for the response and I'll be watching how well they can integrate the companies.

Nathan

<<I certainly don't have all the facts; however, when I first started reading about
Marine Max after they went public I remember reading that one of the big snags
to success could be the fact that there were too many Chiefs. ie. When you take
5 or 6 Corporation Presidents that have been running their own companies their
own way, it could present some potential conflicts. >>

Author: calicoman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 19
Subject: Re: MarineMax Date: 7/29/2000 4:11 PM
HZO looks great. They also have just released their earnings statement. To me a stock that returns annual dividends equal to 21% of the purchase price is worth strong consideration.

Author: Nathan7264 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 19
Subject: Re: MarineMax Date: 9/1/2000 2:59 PM
Are you talking about a return on equity of 21%? Because they do not seem to have a dividend, or did I miss something?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement