Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: IvyLMc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3  
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 2/28/2004 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Mark,

I would think this would be a great idea. I can not offer any advice on the business part, but I am sure you would have plenty of clients. I do imagine the taking on trips, concerts etc might not work. Many of the elderly that would need senior day care would probably not be able to travel because of either physical difficulties or from the beginnings of dementia.

I was reading this week in the Washington Post about a place for Alzheimers patients. These people would have dances, do art work, etc. Activities of this nature would probably work well in a day care.

It would take a special person to take on this responsibility, but I think the senior day care could have great possibilities. Care givers many times are with their spouse, parent etc constantly. They still need to shop, get their hair cut fixed etc. I recently saw a woman write that she had not been in her home alone for almost 18 months and she wished her husband could have some place to go for just a few hours so she could just sit quitely by herself for a while.

I read about subjects like this a lot. My first husband died with a malignancy. I had to leave him to work and worried constantly. He was an only child and I then took care of his father who died at the age of 91. I have been remarried for 13 years. I am 62 and my husband is 72 and is in the first stages of Alzheimers. So I do recognize the value of what you are doing and would encourage you to go for it.

If you decide to do this I wish you the best of luck.

I will E-Mail this to you as it seems no one else has used this board. I just noticed it today and since it has been a while since you posted you may not be checking it any more.

Ivy

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement