UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 252059  
Subject: Market direction Date: 10/9/2012 3:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
First day with more new lows than highs in a long time.
Far, far from a sell signal, but things are perhaps starting to roll over. Perhaps.
The beginning of the beginning of the end of the rally?

Note the weakening trend since Sept 14.
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NAHL&p=D&yr=0&...
Time to start watching more closely at the very least.
It doesn't pay on average to try to front-run a good signal, but it's good to pay attention.
I'm closing a few positions I don't "have to" have—pocketing 70-90% of the forecast upside is fine for me.

Jim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: StevesStox Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 239843 of 252059
Subject: Re: Market direction Date: 10/9/2012 11:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The market has responded very well to occasions where politicians have made big public promises over the last few years. Will be interesting to see if that trend persists between now and election day. One thing we know for sure is that promises will be made.

Author: elann Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 239844 of 252059
Subject: Re: Market direction Date: 10/10/2012 12:45 AM
Recommendations: 3
The market has responded very well to occasions where politicians have made big public promises over the last few years. Will be interesting to see if that trend persists between now and election day. One thing we know for sure is that promises will be made.

I don't see any rosy promises being made on the economic front by anyone. This time it's more like each candidate is making dire predictions about what will happen if the other is elected.

Elan

Author: FlyingCircus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 239855 of 252059
Subject: Re: Market direction Date: 10/10/2012 11:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
I like the way you put that. "It's good to pay attention".
Divergence & flattening has appeared in the PAMAs.
Several asset classes now slightly below their 50DMAs.
Prevalence of distribution days the last few weeks since 9/14.

FC

Author: HankDfrmSD Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 239861 of 252059
Subject: Re: Market direction Date: 10/11/2012 5:12 PM
Recommendations: 2
This time it's more like each candidate is making dire predictions about what will happen if the other is elected.

They may both be right.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement