Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rsilcox Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1220  
Subject: Marketing Machine Date: 5/10/1999 6:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Here's something to think about. So far, I haven't seen but a few commercials for the new SW toys. Knowing the money that both Lucasfilms and Hasbro have into this venture, I'm sure we will see a huge campaign aimed at selling these toys, regardless of how the film is doing. There were tons of commercials for the toys from the first movies and I'm willing to bet there will be even more for Phantom Menace as the release date approaches. In a day where kids are watching more T.V. than ever, this could increase sales greatly. Also, watch for how many commercials start appearing the week after the release. I think that will be the biggest marketing push.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Trevar Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 229 of 1220
Subject: Re: Marketing Machine Date: 5/10/1999 6:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Does anyone know if there are any tie-ins to market the HAS Star Wars action figures? Is HAS partnering with any of the fast-food chains (McDonalds, Burger King, etc.) to sell the toys along with a "Happy Meal," for example?

Trevar

Author: 4535 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 230 of 1220
Subject: Re: Marketing Machine Date: 5/10/1999 6:31 PM
I saw a TV commerical w/ a Mc Donald's SW tie-in.
Surley I wasn't dreaming....

Author: Dag77 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 231 of 1220
Subject: Re: Marketing Machine Date: 5/10/1999 6:48 PM
Pepsi paid 2 billion dollars for the rights to Star Wars. They are putting the characters on the cans, around 20 of them. Applause also has the rights to plush star war toys. I think Hasbro has a huge upside because Lucas has become a big stock holder, Hasbro made him a stock holder so that they could get the rights to the toys.

Author: Kosy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 232 of 1220
Subject: Re: Marketing Machine Date: 5/11/1999 12:58 PM
Tricon Global (YUM), a Pepsi-spinoff which consists of Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC, has the rights to SW tie-ins. Pizza the Hutt specials? Yo quiero the Force, Obi-Wan? Tattoine-fried chicken? Only Yoda knows what we can expect.... I guess we'll all find out on May 19th.

Kosy

Author: element12 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 233 of 1220
Subject: Re: Marketing Machine Date: 5/11/1999 1:20 PM
The build up to Episode 1 started a long time ago.
When HAS released the Power of the Force line of toys starting in 1995, we knew what was coming. The new toys will sell themselves even without a super sized marketing campaign. There has been so much hype for this film it is almost unprecedented. This trilogy, which will probably finish in 2003 or 2004, will put all box office and merchandising sales to shame.

long on HAS

element

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement