No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Insurance Fools,

My husband and I are getting foolish, saving more and doing our own investing. My hubby lost his job this week, and it's turned out to be a time to think more about our insurance. Thankfully, my income will be able to cover our obligations while Dave finds a new job.

I read through the Fool Insurance section, and have a few questions.

We need term life insurance, we would probably buy enough to pay off the mortgage (165,000), and provide 1 year income (avg. for us 50,000). I haven't checked rates yet. We're both 30.

I'm assuming that we would both get policies for the same amount.

We're going to start a family in a few years, which will change our situation considerably. So, what's the best way to handle this? Purchase a very short term to cover the next few years, or, buy a term policies for our needs now, then buy more policies when our children are born?

Can you have multiple policies?

We also need to consider disability insurance. I'm going to read the back posts on the board on this topic now.

Thanks very much for your input.
Karen
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement