UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: rita205 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 189929  
Subject: Re: system restore won't work Date: 11/9/2007 2:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Martin, you said:

Try switching System Restore 'off' and 'on' again, this will remove all SR points, but they are useless anyway.

I did this and I lost the ability to restore to any point in the past. Maybe I misunderstood you when you said that the system restore points were "useless".

If that doesn't fix it reinstall System Restore

I think I'll pass on trying this. I'm a Mac user at home, and I feel pretty secure tinkering with stuff like this on my Mac, but since this isn't my computer, and I don't know what all might cause some conflict, I'll maybe see if our IT guy can do it the next time I see him.

Back to the desktop setting problems, can you explain what they are.

At this point, I'm not sure what I have done and not done. I started out to try to improve the resolution or visibility of the monitor. On a different advice forum, I read that you could get a better screen by increasing the refresh rate. I did that and decided to increase the resolution setting. But, since I wear bifocals, I need everything larger , so I increased the font size and the size of the icons. I think. I'm not sure what came next. Mainly, I just wasn't pleased with the size of everything on the screen.

However, now when I try to increase font or icon size, it messes up the interface of a case management program that we use (a non-commercial program developed for our non-profits). The entire background goes white, and stays that way until I change the font size to normal again.
Who knows what might be causing that, but I guess I'll learn to live with it all until I see the computer guy.

Thanks anyway,

Rita
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement