Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The mastercard verification software requires a seven digit postal code and will not proceed without it. Canadian postal codes have only six digits. This requires you to book by telephone for an added charge of $25. on Delta. I had the same problem on Air Canada in late November except booking online there generates no extra charge. This appears to be a bug in Mastercard's software which they could care lee about.

Booking by telephone at Delta with all the flight numbers,I was misbooked on one flight that cost an extra hundred dollars. The original flight was still available online immediately after I booked.

I will be changing credit cards and airlines soon.

Bob
Print the post Back To Top
The mastercard verification software requires a seven digit postal code and will not proceed without it. Canadian postal codes have only six digits.

That's weird. I wonder if the seventh 'digit' is supposed to be the space in the middle. I think US zip codes are either five or nine digits, so seven seems strange.

That said, even a mediocre programmer should be able to do input verification in a form so that everything is formatted correctly.

Cody
Hye Cody, good to see you back. (Or have I been gone too long... ha)
Olehere
Cody:
I suspect that it is the old cliche that only a small percentage of unhappy customers will actually complain and you will never hear about the vast majority who just don't return. Mastercard are in the "loan business". They make money on both ends of any tranaction but they make a killing on overdue accounts. Providing service is an expense not measurably related to revenue.

Just my cynical opinion.

Bob
Mastercard are in the "loan business". They make money on both ends of any tranaction but they make a killing on overdue accounts. Providing service is an expense not measurably related to revenue.

I don't think Mastercard makes money on the lending, just on the transactions. The banks who back your card make the money on the overdue accounts.
I don't think Mastercard makes money on the lending, just on the transactions. The banks who back your card make the money on the overdue accounts.

You may be right on that. There are several layers of bank on my card and who gets what share of 19% intrest is not really clear. Anyone who keeps a ballance on their card must be innumerate.

Bob
Welcome back, Cody! Hope we get to see more of you again on CAF.

Laura
Advertisement