Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: UnkaBob Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2323  
Subject: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Canada Date: 1/15/2011 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The mastercard verification software requires a seven digit postal code and will not proceed without it. Canadian postal codes have only six digits. This requires you to book by telephone for an added charge of $25. on Delta. I had the same problem on Air Canada in late November except booking online there generates no extra charge. This appears to be a bug in Mastercard's software which they could care lee about.

Booking by telephone at Delta with all the flight numbers,I was misbooked on one flight that cost an extra hundred dollars. The original flight was still available online immediately after I booked.

I will be changing credit cards and airlines soon.

Bob
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hlupak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2311 of 2323
Subject: Re: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Can Date: 1/15/2011 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
The mastercard verification software requires a seven digit postal code and will not proceed without it. Canadian postal codes have only six digits.

That's weird. I wonder if the seventh 'digit' is supposed to be the space in the middle. I think US zip codes are either five or nine digits, so seven seems strange.

That said, even a mediocre programmer should be able to do input verification in a form so that everything is formatted correctly.

Cody

Author: olehere Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2312 of 2323
Subject: Re: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Can Date: 1/16/2011 12:23 PM
Hye Cody, good to see you back. (Or have I been gone too long... ha)
Olehere

Author: UnkaBob Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2313 of 2323
Subject: Re: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Can Date: 1/16/2011 9:06 PM
Cody:
I suspect that it is the old cliche that only a small percentage of unhappy customers will actually complain and you will never hear about the vast majority who just don't return. Mastercard are in the "loan business". They make money on both ends of any tranaction but they make a killing on overdue accounts. Providing service is an expense not measurably related to revenue.

Just my cynical opinion.

Bob

Author: caromero1965 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2314 of 2323
Subject: Re: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Can Date: 1/17/2011 3:23 AM
Mastercard are in the "loan business". They make money on both ends of any tranaction but they make a killing on overdue accounts. Providing service is an expense not measurably related to revenue.

I don't think Mastercard makes money on the lending, just on the transactions. The banks who back your card make the money on the overdue accounts.

Author: UnkaBob Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2315 of 2323
Subject: Re: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Can Date: 1/17/2011 11:14 AM
I don't think Mastercard makes money on the lending, just on the transactions. The banks who back your card make the money on the overdue accounts.

You may be right on that. There are several layers of bank on my card and who gets what share of 19% intrest is not really clear. Anyone who keeps a ballance on their card must be innumerate.

Bob

Author: LQueiros Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2316 of 2323
Subject: Re: Mastercard doesn't work on Delta and Air Can Date: 1/18/2011 3:24 PM
Welcome back, Cody! Hope we get to see more of you again on CAF.

Laura

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement