Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AstridS Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 315  
Subject: Math grammar Date: 3/24/2000 3:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Why do adults insist on using the word "times" in place of "multiplied by"? That's something that I quit saying in fourth grade.

AstridS
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lilke One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 315
Subject: Re: Math grammar Date: 3/25/2000 1:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I prefer the term "dot product", but thats the pet peeves of the people I know.

Lil'Ke

Author: Larryfoolme One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 111 of 315
Subject: Re: Math grammar Date: 3/25/2000 6:50 AM
Saying "times" is not grammatically incorrect.

Author: wallstar Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122 of 315
Subject: Re: Math grammar Date: 4/6/2000 3:08 AM
Why do adults insist on using the word "times" in place of "multiplied by"? That's something that I quit saying in fourth grade.

AstridS

Say WHAT??? Get real!

Author: AnnaSaveMe Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 310 of 315
Subject: Re: Math grammar Date: 9/19/2005 5:48 PM

AstridS

It's a legitimate definition of "times", and the dictionary doesn't have a "kids only" notation afterward. Besides, it's three less syllables.

ASM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement