No. of Recommendations: 0
mathman....

I've been exclusively using OneNote since it came out, both in my previous company and current company.

I personally believe that it has several advantages.

#1 - when I'm taking notes in a meeting, I have a very structured template that I use. I create one "tab" for all of my projects within the vertical tab structure. Each project gets its own tab across the top and then each "sheet" within the tab is that meeting's notes.

#2 - The ability to drop images / PPT etc into the middle of notes and then mark them up and take notes around them.

#3 - Keeps me from having to hunt and peck through opening a pile of folders looking for meeting notes. They are all in one place and I can whip through them SUPER fast.

#4 - If I have a team meeting where I'm required to take attendance because I have to publish the meeting minutes, I can setup a checkbox structure for who should be there vs. who was there. I can then pre-establish the agenda and put any notes / commentary in it.

I know so many people that lug around a 4 inch thick Day Planner along with their computer. That's crazy in my opinion... put it in OneNote and be done.

Love it and wouldn't go back.

xSSMBB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement