UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AliFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20845  
Subject: Maui tips and favorites? Date: 9/24/2002 3:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I know a lot of you must have been to Maui. I'd love to hear your favorite things to do, favorite restaurants, any special deals you know about for activities on the island. We've already got our room, car, and flights set up, but I'm open to suggestions about anything else. I appreciate it! Thanks.

--AF
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jamoc Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3002 of 20845
Subject: Re: Maui tips and favorites? Date: 9/25/2002 1:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I just got back a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't there very long but here are a couple of suggestions/comments.

-If you have a full day and a car, drive the Road to Hana. Take a picnic. It starts in the middle fo the island on the north side and goes to the east side. Hana is nothing but the trip has lots of stops with water falls, scenic vistas, etc. You may even decide to not take the whole road and turnaround at some point and that's fine. There is more to see but you have to turn around at some point and it's a long trip. I guess you don't have to turn around because we didn't. We continued to go around the island on dirt roads and the absolutely bumpiest paved road I have ever driven. My wife was about 3 months pregnant and she was very sore after that so whatever you do turn around!

-Go to Cheeseburgers in Paradise in Lahaina and watch the sunset. Beautiful.

Author: AliFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3003 of 20845
Subject: Re: Maui tips and favorites? Date: 9/26/2002 12:47 AM
Thanks! I have done both of those things on past trips and will be doing them again! : )

--AF

Author: AcmeFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3004 of 20845
Subject: Re: Maui tips and favorites? Date: 9/26/2002 1:59 PM
Just a few of the wonderful things to do in Maui...

1. Road to Hana -- an ACME "must do" (at least part of the way)
2. Sunrise on Haleakala -- an ACME "must do"
3. 'Iao Needle -- an amazing work of
4. Maui Ocean Center -- a really nice aquarium; especially good for someone that does not like to snorkle
5. Snorkle at Molokini -- not quite as nice as sometimes advertised, but it does have the greatest diversity of sea-life in a single place
6. Learn to surf -- this summer, my brother took lessons at the Goofy-foot Surf School in Lahaina and they had him up and surfing in 30 minutes
7. Enjoy many "sunset" meals
8. Take a day-trip over to the Big Island to see the world's most active volcano -- an ACME "must do" if you have the time and money for the trip

That's just the tip of the iceberg...there are so many amazing things to do. And sometimes just relaxing on the beach is better than anything else!

Also...if you are a member of the I-dine (frequent flyer miles for dining) program, Cheeseburger in Paradise will kick you 10 miles for each dollar you spend. At least this is true of the one in Wailea. When I was there in June, I took some people there for lunch and ended up with about 3500 SkyMiles. So make sure you register your credit cards! If you have any questions about this, just ask. I love it because I never pay any attention while I travel, but I always seem to get a bunch of miles for nothing.

Hope that helps.

ACME

Author: ChundoHadASnack Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3584 of 20845
Subject: Re: Maui tips and favorites? Date: 8/20/2003 6:05 PM
Go to Cheeseburgers in Paradise in Lahaina and watch the sunset.

and eat the onion rings. MMMMmmmm.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement