UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 56843  
Subject: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/5/2013 5:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Somehow the REHP missed this strategy.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2013/02/how-maximiz...

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: akck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47711 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/5/2013 12:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I've had in mind a futuristic who done novel where retiring baby boomers are being mysteriously murdered or having fatal accidents. Some detective starts connecting the dots and discovers a government conspiracy to make SS solvent. The final twist and turn is the discovery of a plan to continue the murders once SS is solvent in order to use the funds for other nefarious activities. Too bad I'm not a good writer. The movie rights would guarantee a successful ER.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47713 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/5/2013 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 0
"I've had in mind a futuristic who done novel where retiring baby boomers are being mysteriously murdered or having fatal accidents. "

More like you have a car accident, and 99% of them are fatal to seniors on SS........you just never make it to the hospital alive, or die from your 'injuries'.

Have a heart attack? same problem......you get to the hospital 'DOA' or die shortly thereafter.....

Get your meds refilled? Likely one of the capsules gives you instant fatal heart attack.....untraceable.....

Yeah...it could happen....

More likely, they'll just run out of money, then the weenies and queenies will riot....kill off 15% of the inner cities.....then they'll go rampaging....

Seniors with no more SS will simply starve to death or freeze to death or die from their ailments since they won't get their meds.

the feds will be 'helpless' to stop it until 30% have died...then they'll step in and 'radically transform America'....Obama's goal.

t.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47719 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/5/2013 2:49 PM
Recommendations: 1
Pretty amusing, intercst!

I would suppose we are creating similar perverse incentives with many other government programs.

However, things like celulosic alcohol and wind power are probably employing a lot of lawyers, accountants and MBAs to not only identify the perverse incentives, but to construct entities capable of extracting the maximum cash and benefits from them, perverse or not.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47733 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/5/2013 7:07 PM
I've had in mind a futuristic who done novel where retiring baby boomers are being mysteriously murdered or having fatal accidents. Some detective starts connecting the dots and discovers a government conspiracy to make SS solvent.

Sounds like Coma, but in that novel (and later movies) the bad guys put surgical patients into comas to send them to a facility where their organs could be harvested and traded illegally. Evil capitalists, not evil govt.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47741 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/5/2013 11:22 PM
Lucky guy. He has two different women willing to marry him. If I had that, who'd need social security?

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47971 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/20/2013 2:37 PM
I've clearly hung out with this crowd too long.

We had a local incident where a woman died and her relatives didn't report it for five years. I forget exactly how her desiccated body body was discovered, sitting in the living room.

My second* thought was, "Are they still collecting her Social Security?"

Vickifool

*first thought was, of course, "Ewww!'

Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47988 of 56843
Subject: Re: Maximizing SS Benefits and Murder Date: 2/20/2013 10:02 PM
Recommendations: 1
Ah, yes, the Bates family, ran a quiet little motel outside of town.

PF

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement