UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sheva18 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 77389  
Subject: Maximizing tax-advantaged options Date: 5/11/2000 2:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm hoping someone can give me information about what/if I can do with some of my money that's currently in a fully taxable account. I know my money will grow faster if I can delay paying taxes. I already have a traditional IRA, a Roth IRA that I contribute the maximum to each year ($2000) and the company I work for doesn't have ANY retirement plan(s) due to being a young and private company. I am hoping to retire in 5-7 years and know this will be more likely if I can make the best use of my current investments. I realize tax deferred annuities are an option but I am concerned about them because of the committment to keep the money in there for several years to avoid paying a surrender fee. Also, from my readings here on TMF, there is very little positive said about the annuities.
Thanks a lot in advance for any responses.


Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Kiddie Card Board
Should kids have their own credit card?
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

INBK Q1 2015 Earnings Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.