Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm new to this board, but I have a question. I was under the assumption that the self-employed could place either $30K or 15% (whichever is lower) of your pre-tax income into a pension plan and receive a substatial tax deferred credit from such investment. Several years ago, our office had an "age waited" pension plan where-by we did such a thing. This has been changed into some sort of 401K plan that doesn't allow a "lump sum investment" of this magnitude. Is there such an instrument that will lower my taxable income, allow me to dump $30K into it, allow a "roll over" of the present 401K plan and can it be done before April 17?
Quite a mouthful, but does anyone know of such an instrument?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.