UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kurtv Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10363  
Subject: Re: Reconcile problem Date: 3/17/2014 8:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Maybe I'm not explaining my problem very well. Here is an example.

I have a a two month period where once each month I received an interest payment of $0.09. In both cases the transactions were downloaded and accepted into the register. So both show a "c" in the cleared/reconciled column of the register.

Next I click on the reconcile button and confirm the starting balance for the period is correct and type in the ending balance and the date of the end of the period. In the reconcile dialog box that comes up only one of the two interest payments of 9 cents shows up and it already has a check mark next to it as it should. But the second 9 cent interest payment is nowhere to be found and the balance for the account is off by, you guessed it, 9 cents.

I've Googled this problem and some say I need to change or remove the "c" and then re-accept the transactions but no amount of left/right clicking or holding the control button permits me to change the status.

I've printed out the register and I'm thinking of deleting the problem transactions and manually reentering them but was hoping for a easier way, not to mention my concern as to why this happened in the first place.

Kurt
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement