No. of Recommendations: 0
Me either. I work about 90 hours a week at the moment. Plus a killer 4 hour RT to my main client a few days a week. And I STILL don't eat take out. I cook all from scratch, including fabulous curries.

But you aren't coming home to hungry children who need to eat asap--preferably NOW. And I expect you're more energetic, healthier--and more organized--than the average worker bee. Not to mention SAHMs getting takeout--I guess they just don't enjoy cooking. Being able to cook dishes that take time and care is one of the things I like best about retirement.

In the peak of my takeout phase, when we got takeout twice a week, I had chronic Lyme, was perpetually dizzy and exhausted, and could barely do my job. I was also developing gluten- and lactose-intolerance, although it took years to sort that out from the Lyme, which also has nasty gastrointestinal effects. My husband did most of the weekday cooking in those days (he had little choice--I collapsed in bed or on the sofa and often fell asleep as soon as I got home--during the short period of time we commuted together, I fell asleep for most of the morning and evening drives as well...chronic Lyme is a beeyotch, it;s why most sufferers stop working). Anyhow, DH chose takeout for respite. At least he didn't choose takeout fried chicken, burgers & fries, taco hell.

And now a moment of nostalgia for the wonton soup, shrimp w/lobster sauce and spicy eggplant or green beans from that surprisingly good hole-in-the-wall joint.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement