Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A couple of days ago me and a few other people were having an interesting conversation concerning the variety of ways meatloaf is made. It made me hunger for a good meatloaf. So last night I made one for StarFire and I. It was delicious. First meatloaf I've had in a few years.

I spent a few hours trying to decide what type of meatloaf. Finally I decided on Italian Meatloaf.

Italian Meatloaf
All measurements are approx.

1 lb. Ground Beef (I use 96% lean)
1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1 minced onion (If you have it and like 1 minced bell pepper can be added. I usually use bell pepper, but didn't last night.)
a few cloves of garlic
some oregano, basil, rosemary and romano or parmesan cheese
1 egg

Mix well and form a loaf. Place in pan. pour 1/2 a small can of tomato sauce sprinkled with garlic on top of the meat. Pour 2 oz of water in pan and rest of tomato sauce. (Not enough fat in beef for much in way of juices) Place in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Check every 15 minutes or so and add a little water to the pan as needed.

Remove when cooked, slice and pour liquid from pan over meatloaf.

I served it with Italian Green Beans and Rice.

So...what's your favorite meatloaf recipe?

StarWarrior-Rie

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement