UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Medical bills going to collections Date: 5/24/2012 10:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This year did not start out very well for me as far as hospital/dr bills,etc. Diagnosed with Stage 1 Breast cancer in early January, and had surgery on 1/24/2012. Followed by lots of dr visits and 33 treatments of radiation.

Before I knew about the breast cancer, I went to a EMT to see about my gravely voice. Turned out I had 2 polyps on my vocal chords so scheduled surgery for 3/9 to have those removed. I'm talking so much better now! Thank goodness.

Anyway, I do have Wellmark insurance but have these lingering copay insurance bills that keep coming in. I have gotten behind on those and pay what I can. A couple have just recently been sent to collection. I can't afford to pay all of the copay (which totals over 2,500 or so)

Anyway, my question is, if I pay before the 30 days are up (from the collection company) will that not affect my credit score negatively?
I also filled out financial aid paperwork to assist me with some of these bills but have not heard back yet.

The collection part so far is about 200.00 which I would pay on Friday.
I hope this would prevent any damage to my credit score?
Thanks
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement