UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pipilongstocking Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71934  
Subject: medical company las off 100- device tax Date: 2/1/2013 8:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/01/memphis-based-med...

thank you Obamacare
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65631 of 71934
Subject: Re: medical company las off 100- device tax Date: 2/1/2013 10:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
"Unfortunately, and in order to absorb this cost burden into our business, this has meant less than 100 positions have been made redundant across various departmental functions in our Tennessee and Massachusetts sites," the statement read.

OK I'll bite. :<)

How the hell does a tax cause a position to become "redundant"?

Sounds to me like a company that just wants to squeeze it's peon employees a little harder (something most companies have been doing for the last 30 or 40 years anyway) and sees a convenient scapegoat in Obamacare.

B

Author: ncfool2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65633 of 71934
Subject: Re: medical company las off 100- device tax Date: 2/1/2013 5:05 PM
Recommendations: 0
And by the way, it's "fewer than 100 positions"... guess this means they'll have to terminate their PR person as well.

Author: mustbefriday One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65634 of 71934
Subject: Re: medical company las off 100- device tax Date: 2/2/2013 1:31 PM
Recommendations: 5
Bobby Jindal said the party needs to stop being the "stupid party".

But what he really needed to say is that it needs to stop being the "lazy/gullible party".

It amazes me the level of intelligent stock analysis that can occur on these boards by folks that seem perfectly not "stupid".

But put politics into the mix, and a perfectly reasonable person suddenly becomes a "stupid" parrot, echoing the lazy talking points heard on the various opinion outlets.

I wish the intellectual rigor applied to stock analysis could be turned toward the politics.

Just sayin'.

Author: Pipilongstocking Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65635 of 71934
Subject: Re: medical company las off 100- device tax Date: 2/3/2013 3:34 PM
Recommendations: 3
there will continue to be lots of layoff in this country- Obummer's economy isn't going to work - let me know when it does

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65636 of 71934
Subject: Re: medical company las off 100- device tax Date: 2/3/2013 7:40 PM
Recommendations: 6
Obummer's economy isn't going to work - let me know when it does

They say you can't fix stupid, but I say; what do you have to lose by trying? :<)

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/charts?symbol=$US...

B

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement