UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 309316  
Subject: Medical Issues... Date: 12/16/2013 12:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
A bit over a year ago (November 2012), my son & I moved out of this wretched rooming house we were living in. We moved one block away, and that turned out to be a losing deal as well.

So... we moved again. We have been in the new place for six months, and other then the hillbillies upstairs with the stomps, all seems well.

My son just started college in this last semester, so now he has a credit history with DOE, and Sallie Mae. (Ugh)

I borrow the kids computer, and try to open up a student charge for him. I get a note back from Citibank there is something negative on his credit report.
WT&%$$#$$???

Here is an old ambulance bill in collections. 408 dollars! It got put on in October of this year. These collection folks contacted me and I quickly called the ambulance company in the summer and resolved it. I think they were missing a signature, or something. There were never an effort to defraud, but I know my former slumlord throws out mail if you move on. This was for ambulance services last fall.

All my son's insurance information has always gone to my long term Post Office box that I have held for years. He has Medicaid & Medicare both.
I still live right outside this wretched town, and the ambulance folks are now condensed from 3 to one main station. I am concerned that I show up there, I will get loud and displeasing.

I see the collection account on all three reports. I need a plan as to not get myself locked up, or drop over with a stroke, and get this resolved.

As far as I can see, this is the biller's fault, pure & simple. I am trying to avoid the expense of legal counsel, but I do have a good attorney, conveniently located one block up from the ambulance & fire house. I was going to see him next month anyway, for I just received a copy of Mom Wild's last will & testament, and I was going to have him review the documents for "gotcha's".

Any advice appreciated.

wild :)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Seadrill Q1 2015 Overview
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement