UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JustART Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1491  
Subject: Medicare Date: 7/26/2006 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I will be eligible for medicare soon and am being asked by my insurance company if I plan on picking it up. I plan on keep working and have good health insurance policy. I don't have a good understanding of this whole issue. Is there any benefit for me to go on Medicare? Geez I didn't even know I could go on Medicare. I hope I posted this in the right board, if there is a right board.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 938 of 1491
Subject: Re: Medicare Date: 7/27/2006 9:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I will be eligible for medicare soon and am being asked by my insurance company if I plan on picking it up. I plan on keep working and have good health insurance policy. I don't have a good understanding of this whole issue. Is there any benefit for me to go on Medicare?

I'm a little surprised that your company doesn't require you to go on Medicare and to use your other insurance as gap insurance. I don't know a lot about getting it but am learning a lot about using it because of my mother. The one benefit I've noticed is a wider choice in hospitals and it seems like there is fuller coverage but this is anecdotal. For 2 weeks in the hospital, including days in critical care, she ended up owing nothing. There was a co-pay of just under $100 but her AARP gap insurance paid that(and after all this, I would highly recommend that as gap insurance if you're ever looking).

There's a ton of info about medicare at www.medicare.gov . YOu might also consider talking about it with your current doctor. I wouold also check with your flex plan people if one is available to see how that might work in paying medicare premiums.

rad

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 939 of 1491
Subject: Re: Medicare Date: 7/27/2006 11:50 AM
Recommendations: 0
There was a co-pay of just under $100

I should have proofed better - this is just under $1000 but the AARP insurance did cover it

rad

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement