No. of Recommendations: 0
Medicare, Medicaid, and "Obamacare" policies fully pay the cost of flu shots.

Our CVS@target offers a $5 target gift card for getting a flu shot there.

Sounds like insurance fraud to me -- the $5 "rebate" should be going to the insurance company, since they are the one paying the bill.

As I recall, there a similar case many years ago based on auto repairs? I think in that case, they were giving "rebates" to people getting their cars repaired, based on what they got (were able to get?) from the insurance company. So if I needed a fender replaced, where would I go -- the guy that charges my insurance company $500, or the guy that pays me $90 and charges the insurance company $900? And wasn't there an issue with offering $150 in free steaks if you got your windshield replaced?

I did find this:

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/west/2017/01/24/439892....

The insurance industry tried and failed last year to get the Legislature to ban rebates to consumers from auto glass companies and put in place other new regulations.

It didn't say what the "new regulations" were...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement