No. of Recommendations: 0

Okay I refilled my meds yesterday. $41.88 for 15 day supply. I tried to get pfizer to send me some free ones, but the said I had prescription coverage so they couldn't send me any. MVP my health insurance doesn't cover mental health, so won't pay for them. For a months supply it will be about $84.00. I really can't afford that.

I have suspended going to the therapist. I couldn't afford the $45 per visit, even though we dropped down to every other week.

I have not had alot of luck finding a job. Granted I haven't been pounding doors either, but I'm still working on my room. Sleeping on the air mattress is really getting to me. I started putting my windows in today, and found some other problems I had to deal with. (Basically they just don't fit tight, right, or whatever.) I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist, but I really feel the problems should be taken care of when found rather than wait, and find there is bigger problems.

Anyway, I was on the MVP website today, and I saw some fine print about MVP covering meds if the doctor thought they were important. (or some such dribble.) I sent them an email asking generally about it. Like how to go about getting approval for un-covered meds.

I also asked them why my Health insurance premium went down from $170.84 to $141.80. I'm a little concerned if I start bugeting for this amount that it's going to go back up again.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions on how to get MVP to pay for my meds. My doc suggested she write the prescription for one of the non-mental symptoms that the meds cover, but I'm not sure if they will go for that.

I sometimes think maybe I should just forgo the insurance and pay for everything myself. Since they aren't paying for the meds anyway. BUT then I think what happens if I get hit by a bus or something? I also was going to call the doc and ask her to write me a new prescription for my allergy medicine. Hopefully the insurance will cover that.

*sigh* ( I gotta run, Dad's nagging about dinner and getting my room done.)

Hopefully, you're collective brains can come up with something I haven't.

TIAFTH.

Lady Ianna.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement