UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977207  
Subject: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/2/2012 10:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
video
http://www.afscme.org/meetrichard

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/01/at-a-romney-ho...
At a Romney Home, the View From the Curb
In a new Web video....The sanitation worker, Richard Hayes, is interviewed and says: “We’re kind of like the invisible people. He doesn’t realize, you know, the service we provide.”

Mr. Hayes then says he lifts 15 to 16 tons of garbage a day. “When I’m 55, 60 years old, I know my body’s going to be breaking down,” he says. “Mitt Romney doesn’t care about that.”
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820350 of 1977207
Subject: Re: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/2/2012 10:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I sure hope Mr. Hayes doesn't get into trouble for this.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820354 of 1977207
Subject: Re: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/2/2012 10:58 PM

Mr. Hayes then says he lifts 15 to 16 tons of garbage a day.

Check out the trucks, the trucks lift the cans. I have the same service here. WasteManagement

http://www.wastemanagementsd.com/sandiego/residential.asp

Automated service utilizes a truck equipped with a mechanical arm that lifts your trash and recycling containers from the street and empties the containers' contents into the truck - without the driver ever leaving the cab.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820357 of 1977207
Subject: Re: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/2/2012 11:13 PM
Check out the trucks, the trucks lift the cans. I have the same service here. WasteManagement

http://www.wastemanagementsd.com/sandiego/residential.asp

=====================================

Is that a private enterprise?

He's with the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees union. Wouldn't that be a different service?

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820363 of 1977207
Subject: Re: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/2/2012 11:44 PM

He's with the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees union. Wouldn't that be a different service?

WM covers La Jolla

http://www.wastemanagementsd.com/sdcounty/residential.asp

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820376 of 1977207
Subject: Re: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/3/2012 6:04 AM
One of the more ridiculous ads I've seen in some time. They could have portrayed the White House trash collectors in the same manner. Is Hayes saying his Union makes him do work that is too hard? Romney should have met with him daily and given him a coffee? Romney's house is too grand?

I understand the context of the video, as well as the insinuations. There's just no substance to it.

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820379 of 1977207
Subject: Re: Meet Richard Hayes Date: 10/3/2012 6:18 AM
Recommendations: 1
One of the more ridiculous ads I've seen in some time. They could have portrayed the White House trash collectors in the same manner.

Romney's people are so stupid if they don't create a "side-by-side" ad using clips from the Richard Hayes ad with footage of an interview with Obama's garbage collector when he lived at the Chicago manse he got with a little help from Tony Rezko.

How hard could it be to find a garbage man in Chicago?

I'm sure Obama made friendly overtures and heaped gifts upon his garbage collector, just like most Americans do. After all, Obama's generous Charitable donations over the years show he's so much more beneficent than that rich guy, Romney.

Have you hugged your trash collector lately?

No?

For shame.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement