No. of Recommendations: 1
Meg -

Hang in there. Things will get better. (I know people have told me this a billion times, and I didn't/woudn't believe them, but...it's really true.)

Did the depression start before or after dis-continuing the meds. You may be experiencing a slingshot effect from going off the meds, and it will take a while for you body to adjust. Anything you can do to increase blood flow and to do a complete replacement of bodily fluids may help to flush the meds out of your system and help your body get back to it's "normal" chemical status.

Anyway, keep posting. Maybe get yourself some HAPPY movies. Something that will make you laugh, and watch them. This always seems to help my depression. Just about anything by Robin Williams would probably do it. One of my favorites is "The Fisher King" and although it isn't exactly a roll on the floor till your sides hurt comedy, I always find it to be uplifting. But there are alot of others that are good. I also like Red Skeleton, or anything with Tim Conway. See if your library has a Carol Burnett compilation? Or... there's always the Muppet movies. So what if they are kids movies. If they cheer you up, then who cares what other people think.

Anyway... hang in there, keep posting and realize it's just a phase you are going through, and things will get better in a while. When you get the meds out of your system, working with your therapist will help you to decide if different meds will help, or if there is another way to deal with it.

Lady I, not a dr but has been there, done that.

PS NICE BALLOONS!! 8^)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement