UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 745088  
Subject: Mega-cool Date: 2/22/2013 8:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Somehow I accidentally stumbled across HULU. I see a whole bunch of shows from my childhood: Twilight Zone, My Favorite Martian, Nanny and the Professor, I Love Lucy, etc.... This is gonna be cool. And they're free.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672700 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/22/2013 9:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Bewitched, Mister Ed, Lost in Space, Green Acres. This is gonna be fun to relive old times.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672709 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/23/2013 9:48 AM
Recommendations: 0
I wanna see Broderick Crawford in "Highway Patrol". :)

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672738 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/23/2013 11:53 AM
Bewitched, Mister Ed, Lost in Space, Green Acres. This is gonna be fun to relive old times.

That's all well and good.

For me? WHen I catch some Burns and Allen from a comedy perspective, that works for me big time

From other? Have Gun Will Travel -- I really enjoy that.

What I have not seen in a while, and was my big favorite was "Get Smart" and another show I hate to admit loving was Mork and Mindy which I have not seen on for a while

I guess I will have to go to Hulu and have a peek.

Author: BenHurJudah Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672749 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/23/2013 12:21 PM
Green Acres favorite: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1262524416/nm0001247

Bewitched favorite: http://www.bobsbewitchingdaughter.com/bewitched77.jpg

Mr. Ed favorite: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSnguq...

Lost in Space favorite: http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/54/5488/KMBWG00Z/po...

Mega Cool!

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672861 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/24/2013 8:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
Somehow I accidentally stumbled across HULU. I see a whole bunch of shows from my childhood: Twilight Zone, My Favorite Martian, Nanny and the Professor, I Love Lucy, etc.... This is gonna be cool. And they're free.

After being soap free for more than a year now since the daytime show I followed since childhood, "One Life To Live", was cancelled in January 2012, I've now found out through Facebook that the show is resuming production and starting up again later this Spring -- not on network television, but online only. And it will be available for viewing via Hulu.

I have really mixed feelings about this. I was happy being off soaps once and for all, but now I'm curious and want to watch again, especially after hearing that my two favorite characters, Viki and Dorian, will be returning under this new venue. Which means more interesting feuds and confrontations, and possible new revelations of decades-old secrets about buried bones, etc.

I'm truly torn.

Author: LordFoolman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673088 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/25/2013 10:21 PM
After being soap free for more than a year now since the daytime show I followed since childhood, "One Life To Live", was cancelled in January 2012, I've now found out through Facebook that the show is resuming production and starting up again later this Spring -- not on network television, but online only. And it will be available for viewing via Hulu.

------------

I remember as a young kid, my mom used to watch General Hospital. I think it used to come on shortly after The Price Is Right, the mother of all game shows. I used to watch the game shoe during summer vacations and simply noticed that my mom watched Gen Hosp. But I never watched it. I think my mom had a thing for "Luke" who was a fixture on that for a long time.

So I go off to college. And lived in the school dorms and ate at the dorm cafeteria. And one semester lo and behold, I see people gathered around the tv eating their lunch. They were watching General Hospital. ...funny thing was that most were big macho looking guys. Not a bunch a girls. So I would eat lunch every school day at roughly the same time and watch it with them. Unimaginably I got hooked on soaps!! Couldn't believe it. Never thought it would happen to me. Only time in my life it happened. Some other semester it was a Jeopardy fest.

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673089 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/25/2013 10:29 PM
I think it used to come on shortly after The Price Is Right, the mother of all game shows.

The greatest game show of all-time was The Gong Show. Gene-Gene The Dancing Machine, The Unknown Comic, gang gonging, etc... I loved the show.

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673090 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/25/2013 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw

Gene Gene The Dancing Machine

Author: LordFoolman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673091 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/25/2013 10:58 PM
Ah yes the gong show. Crazy stuff. You dont see any of the shows on reruns or the Game Show Network. we were barely fresh off the boat in the USA when we watched it.

The main guy (chuck berry?) always seemed to have shiny lips or something. Was he a big fan of the lip gloss?

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673092 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/25/2013 11:04 PM
The main guy (chuck berry?) always seemed to have shiny lips or something.

Chuck Barris. He produced The Newlywed Game and The Dating Game as well.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673111 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/26/2013 12:42 AM
Unimaginably I got hooked on soaps!! Couldn't believe it. Never thought it would happen to me.

But the acting! It's so bad, it's painful to watch.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673113 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/26/2013 12:46 AM
Was Chuck Barris, producer of The Gong Show, a CIA operative? Barris says yes.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2437/was-chuck-barr...

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673123 of 745088
Subject: Re: Mega-cool Date: 2/26/2013 6:22 AM
The greatest game show of all-time was The Gong Show. Gene-Gene The Dancing Machine, The Unknown Comic, gang gonging, etc... I loved the show.

I must have a masochistic side, I was in love with JP Morgan!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement