No. of Recommendations: 1
Meh. Have a trust own the unit. Stay there as long as you want. Pay rent to the trust. You're just another tenant. I dunno if that's legal or not,

Perfectly legal, but doesn't get around the vacation rental issues. Typically, this kind of trust will be ignored for tax purposes, and the grantor will be treated as if they owned the property directly.

Print the post  


Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.