UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756940  
Subject: Melrose Base Date: 11/13/2012 6:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732473510457811...

The Petraeus sex scandal turns out to have more twists than a pretzel factory. It came to light when a Florida woman started receiving threatening emails from an unknown source, who turned out to be the CIA director's biographer. The Florida woman went to an FBI agent, from whom, the Wall Street Journal reports, she had previously received shirtless photos. The shirtless FBI agent got the ball rolling on the investigation, which uncovered the affair between the CIA director and the biographer.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post reports, the Florida woman was also receiving "between 20,000 and 30,000 pages of documents--most of them e-mails--that contain 'potentially inappropriate' communication" from the Marine general who serves as the commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan. To be sure, there could be an innocent explanation. Maybe they were passing around copies of ObamaCare.

CBS News reports there's also a custody battle in which the CIA director and the Marine general both served as character references for the sister of the woman who received the threatening emails, the shirtless photos and the 20,000 to 30,000 pages of potentially inappropriate communications.

Friggin' Bush.

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654999 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/13/2012 7:35 PM
Recommendations: 0
And with all this sex and titillation, attention to the attacks and deaths in Benghazi, although related, takes a back seat.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655001 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/13/2012 7:36 PM
Fleg, don't tell me you used to watch Melrose Place?

Man, in college, that was OUR soap opera in the 1990's.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655039 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/14/2012 12:50 AM
Recommendations: 1

I can't tell you that because I didn't.

In college we watched Rawhide the first year and Hawk the second, the latter being a short-lived Burt Reynolds cop show. And Dragnet, Get Smart, some Star Trek (the first time they were shown). I don't recall any prime-time soaps in the late 60s unless you count I Dream of Jeanie. But then I don't recall a lot of things from the late 60s.

--fleg

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655413 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/15/2012 11:42 PM

The only nighttime soap opera I ever watched regularly was Dynasty.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655445 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/16/2012 9:27 AM
"The only nighttime soap opera I ever watched regularly was Dynasty." - andrew

We used to watch Dynasty back in the day (as "the Old Man") would say. Some of the shows I watch now are just thinly veiled soap operas. I think Desperate Housewives was essentially a soap opera. Can't think of any others right now but I'm sure there are others we've followed also.

Art

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655446 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/16/2012 9:29 AM
I've always hated soap operas. I'm not into lots of touchy feely stuff. I tried to make myself watch General Hospital once, but I just couldn't do it. It made my skin crawl.

arrete

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655556 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/16/2012 5:08 PM
I've always hated soap operas. I'm not into lots of touchy feely stuff. I tried to make myself watch General Hospital once, but I just couldn't do it. It made my skin crawl.

arrete

Dark Shadows always made my skin crawl.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655558 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/16/2012 5:09 PM
Nice palindrome, Chi-boy.

--fleg

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655585 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/16/2012 6:16 PM

--fleg

And I'd bet andrew61 wasn't even trying for the palindrome. <g>

Mike

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655737 of 756940
Subject: Re: Melrose Base Date: 11/17/2012 6:27 PM

--fleg

And I'd bet andrew61 wasn't even trying for the palindrome. <g>

Mike

Yep. I had no idea what I had done until I read fleg's post.

And where's bhm? I'd say that four 5's in a row with a 6 on each end trumps a triple-zero post any day of the week.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement