UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Barak0 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308541  
Subject: Melted Snowball Date: 6/17/2002 12:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, the ol' snowball melted down this month.

I'm currently throwing $120 extra at the credit card consolidation loan.

I got an un-expected auto repair bill on Friday for $98. There goes most of the snowball this month. :/

I could take it out of the E-fund, but it's only at $500 and my goal is to make it to $1000 before the end of the year. Since I can cover it without, I think I will.

The good news is that I expect a windfall next month (I get a rebate on the interest on one of my mortgages) so I can make up that snowball shortfall. I had previously planned on putting the whole thing into the E-fund.

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

B
With TWO shiny stars now... not sure when that happened!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rah1420 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130795 of 308541
Subject: Re: Melted Snowball Date: 6/17/2002 12:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

You mean "fecal matter happens?"

Only every month for the past year. :-{) That which doesn't kill us and all that. Stick to your guns.

Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130922 of 308541
Subject: Re: Melted Snowball Date: 6/18/2002 1:27 AM
Recommendations: 2

Life is what happens when one attempts to implement one's plans. (Or from the Good Book: A man plans his ways but the Lord directs his steps.)

In the road of one's financial life there are potholes.

Life is a dance: two steps forward, one back, two forward, ...

That which doesn't break us makes us stronger.

Most books on financial planning recommend some sort of "emergency fund" because we can plan on having unplanned expenses.

Yes, I would hazard a guess that most people have experienced something like that.

Remember: if you take two steps forward and pause for a step, you are stil five steps ahead of someone who took three steps backward!

You're doing fine! Don't let short-term surprises derail your long-term goals--these surprises will be a forgotten memory someday.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement