Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4928  
Subject: Merck at 45, nice Date: 7/29/2012 10:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://seekingalpha.com/article/756881-merck-co-management-d...

should we decide to sell when the yield dips? Or?

RWS
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4874 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 7/29/2012 10:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats40/MRK.html

suggests some room to go. If you like charts

RWS

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4875 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 7/30/2012 8:08 AM
As an investmnent MRK has more to go. In the short term the market could correct some in Aug-Sept. I believe an Obama victory would crush the market as obamacare must be repealed swiftly.

Author: PHOINIX20 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4876 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/5/2012 5:56 PM
Recommendations: 4
t: Re: Re: Merck at 45, nice
Author: ROCKJCP | Date: 7/30/2012 8:08:35 AM | Number: 4875
As an investmnent MRK has more to go. In the short term the market could correct some in Aug-Sept. I believe an Obama victory would crush the market as obamacare must be repealed swiftly.

This is not a political board.

Please grow up!

Thanks
PHOINIX20

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4877 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/6/2012 11:18 AM
Obamacare is the biggest JOBS KILLER in US history. That has already been proven to all not in denial! Its economics not politics, wake up already! The MRK, PFE, ABT and the like can deal but small business is being crushed!

Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4878 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/6/2012 9:56 PM
disagree.

But you might as well accept that PPACA (passed by both houses and then signed by the POTUS, BTW) is the law of the land and unlikely that the stars will align anytime soon to "repeal" the law.

But... if you think that PPACA will affect the profits of Merck, love to hear how - I mean, specifically and without a lot of CAPITAL LETTERS and !!!!!!! in a row.

Thanks,

RWS

Author: Varlot One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4879 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/6/2012 10:11 PM
Recommendations: 2
Obamacare is the biggest JOBS KILLER in US history. That has already been proven to all not in denial! Its economics not politics, wake up already! The MRK, PFE, ABT and the like can deal but small business is being crushed!

The reason unemployment is at its current high of 8.3% is due to the sharp cuts in state and local government spending in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, and the layoffs those cuts wrought.

If it were not for those cuts, attributed not to the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare (or Romneycare for the citizens of MA), but to the financial crisis brought on by the repeal of Glass-Steagall and the concurrent playing of Russian Roulette with the assets of ordinary citizens siphoned off from the commercial banks by the investment banks (who knew the taxplayers would be forced to bail them ouf if things went south in order to avoid a total collapse of the economy), the current unemployment rate would be 7.1%, not 8.3%.

Here is a link elaborating on this in more detail by that bastion of liberalism, The Wall Street Journal: http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/05/08/unemployment-rate-...

Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4880 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/8/2012 1:02 AM
so, effect of PPACA on Merck stock price?

Prob much more of Merck revenue will depend on how well the company is run and the development or procurement of innovative pharmaceuticals than on any specific government agenda. There is ALWAYs howling about the pipeline and if the pipeline were a certainty, it would be baked into the stock price. The buy at 32 with a yield approaching 5% was one of the easier decisions I have made in investing - nice that things have spiffed up in 18 months - harder question if it is time to lock in profits and look for something else or just sit and enjoy the divvy.

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4881 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/9/2012 2:41 PM
Once in a while listen to the thousands of CEO's that have stated what is common knowledge. Obamacare is a Jobs Killer. Unemployment is between 14-16% when considering those no longer seeking work and now with the trashing of the Clinton welfare to work program I fear where the nation is going. The large pharmas are dancing with the multitude of government programs but small business is being squeezed at every turn.

Author: PHOINIX20 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4882 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 8/9/2012 10:34 PM
t: Re: Re: Merck at 45, nice
Author: ROCKJCP | Date: 8/9/2012 2:41:15 PM | Number: 4881
Once in a while listen to the thousands of CEO's that have stated what is common knowledge. Obamacare is a Jobs Killer. Unemployment is between 14-16% when considering those no longer seeking work and now with the trashing of the Clinton welfare to work program I fear where the nation is going. The large pharmas are dancing with the multitude of government programs but small business is being squeezed at every turn.

It sounds like a hot summer night dream.

PHOINIX20
The Eternal Bird

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4883 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 9/5/2012 10:35 AM
45 was a resistance level. Macro issues such as National Debt, Obamacare and Low Growth/High Unemployment say play Defense!

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4884 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 9/23/2012 12:05 PM
Recommendations: 6

Douchbag! Must you ruin every single board you post on?
Your like a child that's learned a new word and now won't shut up.

Author: PHOINIX20 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4885 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 9/27/2012 3:38 PM
Once in a while listen to the thousands of CEO's that have stated what is common knowledge. Obamacare is a Jobs Killer. Unemployment is between 14-16% when considering those no longer seeking work and now with the trashing of the Clinton welfare to work program I fear where the nation is going. The large pharmas are dancing with the multitude of government programs but small business is being squeezed at every turn. ROCKJCP | Date: 8/9/2012 2:41:15 PM | Number: 4884

New Data Show Obama May Be a Job Creator, After All
CNNMoney.com
In the year following Obama's inauguration, the U.S. economy lost about 4.3 million jobs. But new figures released Thursday show 4.4 million jobs have been added back since then.

Time to Wake up Kid.........and stop writing "Malakies".

PHOINIX20
The Eternal Bird

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4886 of 4928
Subject: Re: Merck at 45, nice Date: 10/7/2012 9:00 PM
If you believe those numbers tell me how many Net jobs has been created since he is President. Not even 400,000 yet and most of your numbers are part time or at lower wages then jobs previously held. That said MRK continues to innovate and Q3 looks solid!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement