Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So from what I've seen, every share of TLC will be swapped for 1.2 shares of Mattel, with certain limitations if Mattel's price is above 27.5, based on Mattel's stock price, er, uh, when? When the merger closes May 7? Right now? Three weeks ago?

Specifics would be much appreciated and have not been so easy to find.

Thanks
Richard Aronson
aka Roleplayer
Print the post Back To Top
Okay, so it seems to be bouncing back. At least I have evened out (oh, if only I had waited to buy when it was 15 1/2!).

At any rate, yes, as I understand it is a 1.2 swap. The merger was APPROVED on May 7th-don't know when it will actually occur. The trick here is going be whether or not to wait it out. Even though right now I am up (very slightly), the trade today would mean a deficit for me.

I am surprised there is not more about this company on the board and that the "discussion' has been so inactive.

A proposed merger utilizing both company's resources could be fantastic in the long run, but this is really dependent upon Mattel's expertise in handling the situation. Having recently gone through and survived a merger myself, I would say that they are rarely mergers; they are more like "takeovers". And Mattel has not done so well lately.....

I am also suprised at how inactive this message board is. I keep checking it to see if there are any new messages, so here I go. I received a packet from mattel in my mailbox sometime back about the company. I currently own x shares of TLC formerly BROD. Anyhow, the one of the bright points in the reprot was that Mattel was going to be going online to sell it's toys with mattel.com. This is great news. Think about amazon.com. When I first heard of Amazon.com I though it was a clever idea, but i never thought that I would use it. Now when I want a book on a particular item that I know I won't find at the local bookstore...BAM!! right to Amazon. I guaruntee it will be the same for Mattel.com. Can you imagine Mommmy Mommy Daddy Daddy I neeeeeedddd this toy, but it is sold out at all the stores --->MATTEL.COM. I guaruntee it!
Advertisement