No. of Recommendations: 5
It's That Season

Officials in Minnesota removed red poinsettias from a county courthouse because some people consider them a symbol of the Christian Christmas holiday, reports the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune.

Ramsey County Manager Paul Kirkwold had the flowers removed from the hall. Instead, he ordered the installation of ribbons representing flags from around the world and two banners adorned with white doves carrying olive branches and the word "Peace" written in three dozen languages to hang alongside a 36-foot-tall Vision of Peace statue.

People complained, Kirkwold said, so he put in white poinsettias instead. But he maintained his objection to the red flowers. "This is a government building that's open to all people," he said. "We all talk about diversity, but when it hits us close to our traditions, we get nervous."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40381,00.html

I saw an interesting sign the other day. It was a sign for one of those honey spiral sliced ham companies advocating ordering your "Holiday Ham" early.

This made me think, who other than a Christian would be getting a "Holiday Ham" for Christmas?

I mean, an observant Jew wouldn't be getting a ham for Hannukah. A Moslem wouldn't be getting a ham for Ramadan.

So what is all of this ^%$!! with "Holiday Hams". Why not just say Christmas Hams?

(And no they weren't being cheap and trying to use the same sign for Christmas and New Year's. The sign had Christmas decoration like glass balls and greenery.)

Another sign: "Find out the cheapest places to buy your holiday tree"

Holiday Tree??? It's a freakin CHRISTMAS TREE!!!!

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement