Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lovelylinda Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86535  
Subject: Messed up move: the saga continues Date: 5/30/1999 8:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
For those of you who were following this story I have an update. For those of you who are new, a short recap.
I had a vacation home in NH. The state bought it from me to put in a road. They paid for storing my "stuff" for 1 year in the event we found another home. We did not. We requested to have our stuff delivered to our primary residence in NY. I first made the call to the mover in August 1998, he finaly delived in February 1999.The kicker, half of my stuff was missing and I am still trying to get him to pay.

Update: As a result of the enormous help I received from Dawn I think I am finally going to get paid. I began by calling the mover every day and leaving messages on his answering machine asking him when I was going to be paid.
Next I wrote letters to every state agency I could find, The Attorney General, The Better Business Bureau, The Consumer Protection & Antitrust Agency, The Federal Trade Commission, and The Department of Transportation.
Next I e-mailed the local newspaper requesting that they print a letter describing the situation and warning others of doing business with this company. They are considering it.
I sent letters to all my friensds in NH telling them what happened and to beware of doing business with this man.

On Wednesday of last week I received two phone calls. The first was from the D.O.T., they said they called the mover and told him that they were required to contact the attorney generl in a case like this. A few hours prior a message was left on my machine by the mover telling me that they were sending my claim to the insuranece company and that they would keep my posted.
I finally feel that this horrible ordeal is finally coming to an end. My sincere thanks Dawn she was extremely helpful because of her expertise in the moving business.
I never thought when I became a Fool that I would benefit in such a big way. Thank you to all who listened and offered their advice and comforting comments.

Linda
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Burger King's Play Not For Taxes?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement