UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 461078  
Subject: Re: 2014 Winter Olympic Closing Date: 2/24/2014 10:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Methinks some venues have done much better with Calgary Winter Olympics 1988 now a national training center and part of a University campus.

It may be early on Vancouver but much of the infrastructure is now imbedded in the transportation system of a massively growing city and Whistler is now a world class winter resort where my ski bum grandsons occasionally spend weekends with their ski bum parents. They actually have ski slopes just 15 minutes drive from their West Vancouver home but Whistler is a special treat.

http://metronews.ca/features/legacies-of-the-2010-vancouver-...

January 10, 2014 Updated: January 10, 2014 | 12:10 pm

Grab bag of legacies at Vancouver Olympic venues

The Olympic-triggered, $800 million Sea-to-Sky Highway widening made the drive to Whistler faster and smoother. Vancouver International Airport is only 26 minutes from downtown via the $1.9 billion Canada Line. Vancouver Convention Centre was expanded for $880 million to host major international conventions and it has the 2010 Winter Games cauldron as a decoration.

Montreal was an economic disaster but that was summer Olympics in Canada. I was part of the security team for the boat races, the venue was actually in Kingston Ontario. I had the best view in the world from 500 feet above the sail boats sitting at the back door of a Sea King with an LMG.

Tim
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement