UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: randun Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 17921  
Subject: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/7/2003 7:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone have an opinion on MetLife's long-term insurance plan? Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: brewer12345 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10571 of 17921
Subject: Re: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/7/2003 9:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
What kind of long term insurance? Are you talking about long term care or something else?

Author: TTRoberts Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10575 of 17921
Subject: Re: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/7/2003 12:08 PM
randun, you asked:

<< Anyone have an opinion on MetLife's long-term insurance plan? >>

If you're referring to LTC coverage, about all I can say is that I feel there are better out there.

To find a good plan that fits YOU, have a list of what's important to you, prioritize that list and then have the agent show you and compare company contracts as to how they fit your list of issues and priorities.

Author: brewer12345 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10576 of 17921
Subject: Re: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/7/2003 12:19 PM
TTR, what companies' LTC products do you think are good? Do you like Hancock's?

Author: TTRoberts Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10581 of 17921
Subject: Re: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/7/2003 12:56 PM
brewer12345, you asked:

<< TTR, what companies' LTC products do you think are good? Do you like Hancock's? >>

Yes. Personally, I like Hancocks LTC contracts . . . they're right there at the top.

As usual, though I feel there are many good LTC products. Just which ones are "good" is, in my opinion, a function of how any one may particularly fit a person's priorities.

How's that for a noncommittive answer? ;-)

But I AM willing to be paid for my recommendations. <VBG>

Author: brewer12345 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10582 of 17921
Subject: Re: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/7/2003 12:59 PM
Thanks. I'm not in the market (I feel I'm pretty safe at the ripe old age of 29). I'm an observer of the industry and I am somewhat skeptical of the product from the insurer's point of view. It always makes me nervous when competitors drop out of a market.

Author: thebobdog Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10592 of 17921
Subject: Re: MetLife Long-term Date: 8/8/2003 5:33 PM
If you're referring to LTC coverage, about all I can say is that I feel there are better out there.

While there are better policies out there, MetLife has a good product. And, they are one of the few companies that will most likely still be in the LTCI business 20 years from now. I would also estimate that they will be one of the only companies to not have significant premium increases over the next 6-12 months. Of course, that's because they are already about 20% above GE and Hancock and their underwriting is unbelievably tight.

AT this point in time, I would not look far beyond GE, MetLife and Hancock for LTCI. This industry is getting a lot harder on the companies.

Bob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement