UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: hwkncat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308411  
Subject: Re: Take Charge America Date: 7/15/2005 7:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Mew5280,

Thank You :-) You're a New Fav Fool.

The reason I stopped coming to the Fool 2 years ago was because of sanctimonious posters that were quick to blame others. I know what happened is my fault, I'm NOT proud of it. I'm very ashamed actually and angry at myself since this is not the first time, but it is the worst hole I've gotten into.

A combination of events (new house, husband's job loss, and most aggravating of all, a possible manic episode triggered by an antidepressant medication I was taking, which I have now switched to a different one) all combined to contribute, along with the "ostrich syndrome". Additionally I got NO financial training or advice as a child, nor in school. My worst problem is LAMM.

I know I have a lot of soul searching to do and most of it is painful. I was in a panic last night when it dawned on me just how long it would take to pay off the debts I have incurred. For a little while I had fleeting thoughts of suicide, but that is NOT an option. That was when I thought of the take charge program. I don't want others to absolve the debts, I fully intend to pay them off, but the APRs are killing me right now. That's the help I was looking for. I think that asking to have them (the companies directly) reduced at this time but be a joke. I will look more thoroughly at the link you provided in the morning after work.

I do have a glimmer of hope, my Credit score is better than the last time I looked, actualy 688. I expected it to be in the 500s. Also I paid for the CR this time, not with credit, but a check debit. Also last month I paid for a hotel room with cash rather than charging when out of town. Baby steps I know. Please keep giving me encouragement everyone. I desperately need it right now.

hwkncat
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement