Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MizL Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2373  
Subject: Mexican Dentists Date: 4/3/2004 7:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Since you guys travel so much, I thought that somebody here might know of or be able to refer me to somebody who does know about dentistry in Mexico. I was thinking of somebody in the Brownsville/Matamoros area but I'm flexible.

Thanks for any help.

MizL

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1156 of 2373
Subject: Re: Mexican Dentists Date: 4/3/2004 7:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Since you guys travel so much, I thought that somebody here might know of or be able to refer me to somebody who does know about dentistry in Mexico. I was thinking of somebody in the Brownsville/Matamoros area but I'm flexible.
Thanks for any help.

I have no idea. But when Mrs. Goofy and I were on our long sojourn in 2001, I developed a toothache while in a national park upstate in Montana. Since I knew exactly no one there, I called my dentist back home to see if he did.

Nope.

However this is what he told me, and it worked great.

Call an oral surgeon in the area. Tell him that you need to locate a dentist in his area, and could he recommend a couple of names to you.

Oral surgeons look in peoples' mouths all day long, and they know who the good dentists are and who the bad ones are, and they will probably be glad to give you the names of a couple of the good ones. Since you are not looking for their services, they can't recommend themselves, but they can take you to the tier of service that you do want and make an intelligent recommendation.

I did it, and got a root canal in Missoula, Montana (all in one day) and we were on our way. (I had to wait a week for him to have a 3-hour block of time cleared, so I got some pain killer and Mrs. Goofy and I did a loop-de-loop through part of Idaho, then came back for the appointment. He sent us on our way, and my dentist back home nodded approvingly, and said the work was "top notch.")

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement