UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RaplhCramden Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744959  
Subject: Re: Celebrating the life of MichaelRead Date: 2/3/2013 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Michael Read was one of a few characters who intrigued me deeply. His viewpoint was always clear and sweet and also pretty different from mine. Not different as in "I disagree with that" but different as in "I just never even would have thought of that that way."

The stories of the Marine store, and what came before were always so lively I could picture what was happening in my mind. I doubt my pictures were too accurate: most of my marine images come from Long Island and New Jersey, but they were vivid, from the Latin word for life I'm pretty sure.

I even recall following up on some things Michael wrote about by, if I recall correctly and there are no guarantees of that, reading some of Elly's stuff. As it vaguely tries to creep back in to my mind, Elly is some sort of therapist and had written a theory of relationships? Whatever.

The point of the previous paragraph, even with some stalking beyond Motley Fool, I was amazed today to read of Michael and The Evergreens. I wondered how he had managed to post so much at the fool without ever mentioning this before. Or if he did mention it, how with my interest in his writing and his life I had managed to miss this. Amazing! Possibly stuff that might have put me off Michael a little bit if I had read it earlier in my life. Maybe not. But amazing, none the less.

I will put the Evergreen's in the back pocket of my mind. Perhaps in a week or a month or a year I will think of them and download an MP3 of an Evergreen session. I have never heard Michael's voice, and before today I had never seen a picture of him.

If I could have Jonathon Livingston answer one question for me right now, it would be: is Michael now one of the "five to seven thousand?" Presuming of course that Jonathon would somehow know that answer for some reason I can certainly not think of.

Red on the right returning,
R:(
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement